Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Transitional Tunic?

Article about: by spandau The tunics did not necessarily have to have the piping along the front mine had has its removed, very skilfully I may say. The only thing I would add is on the rear of the tunic w

MAP
    ?

Quote by spandau View Post
    The tunics did not necessarily have to have the piping along the front mine had has its removed, very skilfully I may say.

The only thing I would add is on the rear of the tunic would have been two buttons to support the belt, same as waffenrocks have and the Imperial tunics before them. Yours appears to be either missing them or had them removed, only going on the picture you have shown...

Nice tunic to have in your collection.

cheers

Tony
    buttons probably removed as well maybe as the piping. Will check tonight for tell tale signs of tailoring.

thanks

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional Tunic?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by spandau View Post
    The tunics did not necessarily have to have the piping along the front mine had has its removed, very skilfully I may say.

The only thing I would add is on the rear of the tunic would have been two buttons to support the belt, same as waffenrocks have and the Imperial tunics before them. Yours appears to be either missing them or had them removed, only going on the picture you have shown...

Nice tunic to have in your collection.

cheers

Tony
    Tony,

Your correct. Piping and buttons removed. Here are some pics (best I could do) showing the difference between where the orgininal seams were and the seams where the piping was removed.

1) side with piping removed
    Transitional Tunic?

2) Side with no piping

Transitional Tunic?

3) Backside with removed buttons.

Transitional Tunic?

Thanks for your help.

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It looks like what is referred to as an "Alter Art" Feldbluse. I have an example with a similar "scalloped" back. It has two buttons where the darts are in the back. I think this style was indeed from a transitional period between the Reichswehr era and the TR era. It may be an updated Bluse worn by a career soldier. The older style Bluse would identify the wearer as a veteran. NH

A really nice tunic as I mentioned before ,it is so nice when a piece comes along and you can put it's "time line" together from one period of use to the next. That is one tunic I would love to own! Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    It looks like what is referred to as an "Alter Art" Feldbluse. I have an example with a similar "scalloped" back. It has two buttons where the darts are in the back. I think this style was indeed from a transitional period between the Reichswehr era and the TR era. It may be an updated Bluse worn by a career soldier. The older style Bluse would identify the wearer as a veteran. NH
    Thanks Neil/Leon

IMO definately a veteran. This tunic also has heavy wear around the cuffs and a few small rips that have been sewn. So who ever wore this tunic, really WORE it. Plus given the decorations he definately saw combat.

Thanks!

Michael

?

This is a keeper. Now please complete it with matching cap and the rest of the pieces, so we can enjoy it on a mannequin!

MAP
    ?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    This is a keeper. Now please complete it with matching cap and the rest of the pieces, so we can enjoy it on a mannequin!
    On the lookout for one. but as with the tunic, it will need to be an early one. Thanks!

TWS
    ?

Wearing the "Dienstrock alter Art" was a popular thing among officers and even some enlisted in the Wehrmacht Heer. I have some.

Here is my example in a similar vein. I am also looking to match up some items for display and have had a difficult time locating an M34 field cap with soutache for artillery. NH

Transitional Tunic?

MAP
    ?

Now that is a sweet looking example Neil

Nice to see this thread pop back up again! I almost forgot I had this tunic. Had to put it in the closet a few years back as other examples took over the mannequin Think I'll take it out, add the DKiG and EK1, wound badge and IAB/GAB and make it look pretty again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast