Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Article about: Hello Gents and happy New Year to you all Any opinions on this shirt in our own Classifieds section will be appreciated Thank you for your time. DAK heer tropical shirt - Militaria Collectib

?

Default Tropical/DAK Shirt

Hello Gents and happy New Year to you all

Any opinions on this shirt in our own Classifieds section will be appreciated Thank you for your time.

DAK heer tropical shirt - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical/DAK Shirt
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tropical/DAK Shirt

A difficult item to make a call on from the sellers pics and I would ask him for more, including detail shots of the collar area, and the lower part of the neck hole. It has some features that make me doubt it is what it claims to be, such as it appears to be the same length front and back and the method of sewing along the lower edge is something I think is a post war feature and the shape of the pocket flaps does not look right. I have never owned one of these so you must take my opinion as only being derived from second hand observations and not from first hand knowledge.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you Jerry Always there

Happy New Year mate

?

Some more pics of the shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Regards, Lars

going by the buttons it looks ok.

?

Thank you mate and Happy New Year/Collecting

Regards, Lars

The buttons can be found by the boatloads...they're not a guarantee!If it was this simple we'd see uniforms judged by their buttons only.
    Nice thread to "unfold" a pair of DAK/tropical shirts straight off a 60yo collection I've managed to aquire last week.They're as stiff as if they had been starched but they had not...I must be the first to unfold them after half a century.I must have a dozen or so but these are "specials"...and they've got details different little details to them.
    Let's take a good look at them;sorry but I won't unfold these more than this,but I'm confident that the details will help...theese are the real deal,with a one-way ticket to Italy or wherever their former owners have been before taking them off.
    Enjoy

- - Updated - -

In my opinion it's not a French Army shirt either,not similar to the ones I've seen at least.As issued the French shirts were very similar to their German counteparts and when the German modified them to be used by the Wehrmacht these shirts were brought to their standards at the factory with very few modifications.Regular French shirts were widely used as well.
    The main differrences concern the buttonholes and buttons and,to a much lesser extent,the pockets.The latter were either square,like the ones of the shirt Lars has posted or,rarely,nearly identical to the German ones!
    There much be more but the last time I've handled a "100% French Army" shirt comparing it to a modified and a German ones has been many years ago
    HTH

?

Very fine looking shirts indeed Horrido

Regards, Lars

Thanks you Lars!The funny thing is that the first one hail back to when Germany was studying uniforms for the hot climates and a possible War ahead...to be fought at the Tropics as well as in Europe,in fact it's 1938-dated!The other one is 1940-dated and it's full of "time-wasting features",i.e. reinforcements all over whereas the older shirt is less cared for!
    Glad you've enjoyed that!
    Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast