Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tropical/DAK Shirt

Article about: Hello Gents and happy New Year to you all Any opinions on this shirt in our own Classifieds section will be appreciated Thank you for your time. DAK heer tropical shirt - Militaria Collectib

Default Re: Tropical/DAK Shirt

Quote by Horrido View Post
    The buttons can be found by the boatloads...they're not a guarantee!If it was this simple we'd see uniforms judged by their buttons only.
    Nice thread to "unfold" a pair of DAK/tropical shirts straight off a 60yo collection I've managed to aquire last week.They're as stiff as if they had been starched but they had not...I must be the first to unfold them after half a century.I must have a dozen or so but these are "specials"...and they've got details different little details to them.
    Let's take a good look at them;sorry but I won't unfold these more than this,but I'm confident that the details will help...theese are the real deal,with a one-way ticket to Italy or wherever their former owners have been before taking them off.
    Enjoy
    Great shirts and photographed so you can see the details needed when looking at this type of item.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical/DAK Shirt
    P
    Many

?

The shirt that started this thread is definitely not a German tropical shirt or French tropical shirt.
    Judging by the use of the overlocker, I'm convinced that it is of post WW2 origin.
    I've handled a few originals and currently have 3 Heer tropical shirts in the collection along with 2 French converted for German use and 2 unconverted French (for display under tunics).

Mark

?

Quote by Mark G View Post
    The shirt that started this thread is definitely not a German tropical shirt or French tropical shirt.
    Judging by the use of the overlocker, I'm convinced that it is of post WW2 origin.
    I've handled a few originals and currently have 3 Heer tropical shirts in the collection along with 2 French converted for German use and 2 unconverted French (for display under tunics).

Mark
    Thank You mate So if you are sure it's not WW2, the next question arises. Should it be in our Classifieds section. I have no problem letting it go, but we need to be quite sure if it have to be removed or re labelled. I had a tailor ( my wife) look at it and she says it is not of modern production, which of course does not automatically make it WW2. The over-lock seam is not of modern origin and the button holes are also of an older type not used today. You can not make button holes on simple sewing machine btw.

Regards, Lars

Lars,
    I used to go to the various Militaria fairs in France and I remember that there were many WW2 French shirts for sale (they're "summer" shirts rather than tropical ones tough!) and I think that you could find one even now if you look for it hard enough...just remember that these shirts had a third button on the rear of the collar and small buttons made of brown glass.They're dark green in color and AFAIK they haven't been made after the War or,better,they have but there are a few differences and the WW2 have,more often than not,a round stamp inside with date and manufacturer.
    IIRC I've seen the color photo of one of these shirts inside a book on the DAK,but cannot tell you which one!
    HTH

?

Thank you very much for the info my friend

Regards, Lars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2