Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tropical M42 Tunic

Article about: Hello Gent's, Any comments and opinions on this M42 Tunic will be much appreciated indeed Thank you It's all i have for now. Regards, Lars

Default Re: Tropical M42 Tunic

IMHO it's been 100% put together...and in such a case more detailed and clearer pictures would be much helpful !
    Cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical M42 Tunic
    P
    Many

?

Seller whom i will not reveal at this point, and is a quite respected person among collectors says 100% original. Time will tell. More pics will come.

Regards, Lars

?

Some more pics of the Tunic.

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Tropical M42 Tunic

Regards, Lars

I still think the insignia looks in better condition than the tunic and it has been restored with replacement insignia.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Thank you Jerry. As always your opinion is much appreciated!

Regards, Lars

?

Well - the breast eagle is a 100% reproduction for starters. The litzen are very poorly applied in the 'speed' style but not close, in my opinion. The tress I suspect is also not period applied while the Jager patch's sewing thread looks modern.
    She's put together - and not too well.
    Regards,
    Mark
    New Zealand.

?

Hi Lars I really do not like the sewing on the breast eagle and two other thing I have noticed is the material under the left wing looks to have snags in two separate locations possibly from the removal of the original it is hard to tell if they are under the wing from the photo.
    And if you look at the out side of the left wing right on the wing tip there would appear to be a light area possibly were there was a breast eagle sewn on before removed and the new one not sewn on not exactly the same leaving a light area were the original would have been.

Regards Mark K

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

With the newer photos it it apparent that it is a put togrther. Mark hits the nail on the head. A machined sewn reproduction eagle is not a good sign!!

Fred

Quote by NZMark View Post
    Well - the breast eagle is a 100% reproduction for starters. The litzen are very poorly applied in the 'speed' style but not close, in my opinion. The tress I suspect is also not period applied while the Jager patch's sewing thread looks modern.
    She's put together - and not too well.
    Regards,
    Mark
    New Zealand.

Guys,
    the sewing of the eagle may have been made by using modern thread on a fake eagle but let's make sure before saying that that sewing is not "kosher",for this is one of the ways these eagles were sewn on original tunics,i.e. the insigna was put back to front above the pocket,straight machine sewn,flipped over,the countour of the wings was sewn in the normal way and the round part with the swaz finally hand-stitched!
    If I misunderstood what you meant I beg your pardon!
    Reputable sellers.....the word "reputable" is something that can be discussed for ages...if he's "reputable" and honest and say that this tunic is original,especially having handled it,he either knows zip about German tunic or cannot tell a VW Beetle from an aircraft carrier.If he knows German tunics he has just tried to stick this one to the first less-informed collector...he may have been ready to take it back,yet......
    Cheers

?

I just got the 100% original from the seller mail, but posted it here anyway of course. I guess i am still on the hunt for a honest Tropical Tunic with insignia and epaulettes... Thank a lot guys, as it was far from cheap and was close to buying it...

Regards, Lars

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast