Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tropical Panzer Tunic

Article about: Haven't been here for awhile nor have I posted for ages but I have just managed to get a real gem for my collection and though I should post it up here for you guys to have a look at. Annoye

Default Tropical Panzer Tunic

Haven't been here for awhile nor have I posted for ages but I have just managed to get a real gem for my collection and though I should post it up here for you guys to have a look at.

I just purchased this tunic from a local collector/dealer here and I think its a real find. I collect DAK/Tropical and Late war German gear mostly and I am getting well into Panzer so when this tunic came up I couldn't say no.

This is the first tunic I have ever purchased so I was a little apprehensive but you can just see the age and patina it has. I do collect insignia and I have an original "Arfikakorps" cufftitle so I knew these were also good as well as the skulls and collar tabs. I can see the size and date stamp, though very faint to be 1942. The rest is great condition with some fading of the colour. The belt hooks are present as well as all the buttons.

Been buzzing around the internet looking for pics etc but havent seen to many so any help you guys might have would be great! I am absolutely in love with this jacket and the next step for me will be to add afew badges to the pocket just to finish it off. Should I be looking for a tropical belt or leave as is?

The rest of the post is picture heavy but I can post more if requested. Just using my iPhone here so sorry if the pics are bad.

Regards,
    Jason

Tropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer TunicTropical Panzer Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tropical Panzer Tunic
    P
    Many

Jase, that is a fantastic looking tunic mate, really nice! It has gone to a good home too, I've seen your displays and I know you'll put up a museum quality effort with this one. Having seen this tunic up close I know how good it looks, your a lucky bugger mate, well done!

very nice tunic.

A very nice tunic Jason!
    If my father had served in the AK, I wouldn't mind having one of these myself.
    You could look for a PAB and wound badge, or an EK I and PAB. I'm sure there are a few options.
    Did you get this one from NZMark?
    Congrats!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good one Jase! Thats a cracker feldbluse.

Glad too to see you back on board - i thought family life and domestic duties had sucked you into their vortex.

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Cheers guys! I have missed this place. Thats the trouble with home life, family duties and a job that takes up over 65 hours during the working week.

Thanks for the idea's Ralph. I was thinking EK1 and PAB but then I dont want to add a EK2 ribbon so might just got PAB and wound badge. There also is some loops above the pocket for some ribbons so will do some investigating. I didnt get it off NZMark, it came up at a local militaria swapmeet and was bought by the dealer that I then got this from. Sandgroper was there when the jacket showed up at the swapmeet initally.

I will be selling off some more of my excess militaria to raise some funds to pick up some more stuff assosiated with the feldbluse. The dealer also has and officer's M40 cap with pink piping so I am keen for that plus a tropical officers belt. Cant tell if they all belong together but they did certainly look good as a group

Regards
    Jason

The fact that all these pieces came together as a group gives it a chance that they did all belong together. Even if they didn't they certainly looked great together mate, I hope you can grab them!

?

Hi Team,
    Nice tunic! Original, certainly. From the images I do not believe with certainty that all the insignia is wartime applied, though. (Sorry to be that guy)
    If you are contemplating taking the officers cap and belt I would ask advice on originality before making any decision - the fakes are good.
    A great tunic which will display nicely.
    Respectfully,
    Mark
    NZ

Thanks Mark,

Was hoping you would jump in and reply, being the tropical collector you are. I am still in 2 minds in regards to the cap but would certainly ask to post up pics before a purchase.

Cheers
    Jason

Hi Jason, very nice! Thanks for showing it and congrats.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast