Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tunic, what model?

Article about: Very

Default Tunic, what model?

I got this one as a birthday present last year, (worn by Otto Siemon, Oberleutnant, 4. Kavallerie–Brigade / 4. Kavallerie–Division / Kav.Rgt 5) but cannot find out what model this is.

TIA, guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tunic, what model?   Tunic, what model?  

Tunic, what model?   Tunic, what model?  

Attached Images Attached Images Tunic, what model?  Tunic, what model?  Tunic, what model?  Tunic, what model?  Tunic, what model?  Tunic, what model?  Tunic, what model? 
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tunic, what model?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tunic, what model?

Heer Officers M36.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Really nice tunic Stinschen!

Thank you. I really like it, it´s my first, so
    How should I store this? It´s just hanging on my closet door.

EDIT: question answered.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

I have mine displayed on a mannequin but different people have different ideas about that. I was told by a dressmaker to put my tunics in a plastic bag and put them in the freezer every two months to help protect them from insect damage. The freezer kills bugs, larvae and their eggs.

A coat hanger is not great for long term storage, but if you do use them make sure they are well made and ideally padded. A torso form is better. Museums will store them in acid free cardboard boxes.

Cheers, Ade.

The mannequin sounds like it´s a good option, but I´m in an apartment, so I´ll have to go with the plastic bag.

The silver eagle has to be sewn onto the tunic, the eagle that came with the tunic, sort of came apart, so I was lucky to get another one from the seller. Question: what type of thread do I need, any specific type, or brand, color?
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Ideally old dark green pure cotton thread.

Ok, will get some new green thread though.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast