Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

U-Boot

Article about: You were drinking ouzo mate? Can you find it in Australia too? Maybe your buddies got drunk on it back then and felt sick of it from there onwards. Ask them if they tried a local spirit call

Default Re: U-Boot

You were drinking ouzo mate? Can you find it in Australia too? Maybe your buddies got drunk on it back then and felt sick of it from there onwards.
    Ask them if they tried a local spirit called zivania (Zivania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). You get drunk by just smelling it
    Especially if you find a homemade one, the contained alcohol could be up to 60% or more.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U-Boot
    P
    Many

I'm not sure if you realise how funny, what you just said, was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe you did

Memories of drinking and playing cards on a hot tar roof in Athens, Australian and English SAS waiting to go to Cyprus - Ouzo & Retsina !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Ask them if they tried a local spirit called zivania (Zivania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). You get drunk by just smelling it
    Especially if you find a homemade one, the contained alcohol could be up to 60% or more.
    Is that something similiar to Souma?

?

Hello greimers,

That is a fantastic collection. I am sure that you are very proud of it. Your family members have left you with something not only attractive but also very personal. I hope that you never sell it and it remains in your family for a very long time. I am originally from Liverpool and there you can find the only U-Boat that has been raised from the sea bed, U-534. The museum is super, if you are ever in the area I suggest you spend a few hours there. Sadly, the owners cut the boat into several sections a few years ago, repainted the hull and closed the open ends with glass viewing panels. I was very fortunate that I was able to go inside the boat several times when they had tours available, it was a memorable experience and it is still well worth a visit. If anybody reading this is interested visit Liverpool Days Out | The U-Boat Story of German Submarine U-534

Regards

Carl

Hey Don,

It was 80%

We had weapons familiarization 2 days later and we were still f**ked.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Is that something similiar to Souma?
    Hi Andreas, it's something like Raki or Rakia
    Rakia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote by greimers View Post
    Hey Don,

It was 80%

We had weapons familiarization 2 days later and we were still f**ked.
    Lol man

Not to mention the shit we got into in Athens !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been in the desert environment but I've never dehydrated so quickly as drinking that ouzo.

Hi Carl,

It is indeed something I treasure, the sad thing is my children have no interest in it. I have had several requests from the Australian War Memorial to donate it , especially because of the Australian Boer War and 2WW Z Special Unit content.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast