Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ukrainian "Roland Battalion" cap badge.

Article about: Hi Guys, this badge was worn by one of the first foreign volunteer units of the Wehrmacht. For more info see here: Roland Battalion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Cheers, Ade.

?

Default Re: Ukrainian "Roland Battalion" cap badge.

Ukrainian "Roland Battalion" cap badge.Ukrainian "Roland Battalion" cap badge.Ukrainian "Roland Battalion" cap badge.Ukrainian "Roland Battalion" cap badge.Hi Ade, I bought this badge for my father over 25 years ago.I collected stuff myself til about 10 years ago,got fed up with "is it,isn't it original".So been slowly getting rid of it.Bear with me as I am new to this Forum lark.Here are the pic,plus another couple.Would appreciate you experienced input. Thanks, Alex

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ukrainian "Roland Battalion" cap badge.
    P
    Many

Both are good original items.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade, Very nice to confirm what I had always thought/hoped.You seem to have a lot of experience in these matters.I know money is a dirty word,but what sort of figure could I expect for these? It was the history that drew me to start collecting.My Dads Ukrainian club was full of Galizien Division survivors and even some from Polizei Divisions.They are all gone now so we don,t have to keep it quiet anymore.Its just history now. Alex

I will PM you a guestimate on value.

I used to work with two guys from the Division back in the 1980's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The Ukainians had/have a farm in Derby that we used to visit when I was a child.They have a retirement home in Surrey, with a memorial to fallen comrades.My Dad used to hush me up when I used to say too loudly "weren't they the 14th Waffen ss" no he'd reply " the 1st Ukrainian National Army". Will post a photo of a rally of said Division/Army taken in the early 1990's,if I can find it. Alex

Interesting history of the unit for sure, makes you wonder how they were received when they came back?

Hi Alex, the place in Derbyshire is still there. Not that far from me. The Soviets wanted it closed down during the Cold War! They reckoned spies were trained there.

Cheers, Ade

Superb Roland badge! Will you be selling it here? Or have you a figure that you would like for it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I came across this little snippet of info today in the 1943 edition of "Uniformen Markt".

Not sure why it is entitled the "The Ukrainian Falcon"? But it announces the introuduction of this style of cockade for wear by the Ukrainian Police In the GeneralGovernment.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, I would suggest it has this name as the central motif appears to be a stylised stooping (diving) Falcon,

Regards

Robin

Not wanting to appear a smart a*** but found this on Wiki in regards to the above motif

There is no sure and definite interpretation of the symbol; however, most historians agree that it most probably depicts a stylized falcon which according to the Slavic mythology was the Primary god (Pershoboh).[1] In Christianity, a descending falcon, just as dove (with head downwards, as in case of Ukraine´s trident) also symbolizes the Holy Spirit. This is the most likely explanation, as the symbol appears during the years surrounding the Christianization, and is furthermore identical to modern representations of the descending falcon

Hi Robin, I never knew that, so thanks!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast