Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unknown "hood" ...

Article about: As Feuerbach posted this is the Hood/Bag for a Zeltbahn, the photos below show one sold as Bundeswehr but the date stamp is I believe 1979.

?

Default Unknown "hood" ...

Hey Guys,

I'm not a WW2 uniform or clothgear collector - so I have to ask - is this hood part of an original German WW2 cloth/coat?

THX - Fabe

Unknown "hood" ...Unknown "hood" ...Unknown "hood" ...Unknown "hood" ...Unknown "hood" ...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown "hood" ...
    P
    Many

I don't recognise it at all. But I don't think it is a hood.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi, I have not seen one before either but it does look like the "hood area" is box shaped rather than "head shaped". I too do not think it is a hood unless the user was spongebob square pants! Leon.

?

THX guys, I don't have a clue what this is..."hood" was just a wild guess...

I'm stumped also, could it be Swiss? (well that's my cheap and easy question!)

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I'm stumped also, could it be Swiss? (well that's my cheap and easy question!)
    No; as the markings tell us, the manufacturer was based in Stadtoldendorf; that's in Germany (more specifically, in Lower Saxony). By the way, Kübler & Co. went bankrupt in 1982.

Otherwise, no idea.

I have had these before. Mine had DDR-NVA tent halfs inside. Also in the pouch were three tent poles and, some rope and 3 tent pegs that fitted inside the tent poles.
    The tent halfs could also worn as a poncho, very much like the war period Zeltbahn, and the piece you show could be attached to the poncho as a rain hood. But in fact the rain hood you show is the tent bag. I hope this makes sense. I had a few of these in fact, and I also had a bigger bag that contained two of these bags.
    They, or at lest the ones I had were all post war, no clue why this one has ww2 era date tamps.

?

THX for the info! Could this be WW2 made? Or fake stamp? Maybe someone could move this silly thread to "Field Gear" section? Danke!

The only thing that comes to mind is the blast hoods the germans had in the movie The Guns of Navarone.
    I know it was only a movie. Just reminded me of them. I have no idea what this is.
    Only my thoughts today.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The buttons, colour and material do not strike me as being German ww2 era. Neither does the date stamp seem the style used on ww2 era items, but lets wait what others can tell us about it.
    Like I said I had a few of these, maybe I still have them somewhere. I bought a large amount of German military stuff in Gemany a few years ago, mixed ww2 and DDR-NVA (even had a Ppsh 41 and a Stg44 in the boxes as I recall) and these tents were in the boxes too. Some were doubles, or both halfs if you like, and others were like yours, individual tent halfs in these hoods as you show. I remember setting up one of those tents once in the garden, and soon found out they could be used as ponchos too, and that the cover would button on to the poncho as a rain hood. I think in fact they could also be buttoned over the tent corners. Guess it was a kind of multi purpose item.
    But not ww2 for what I think, rather DDR-NVA era. Maybe somebody stamped yours war time to make a buck or two....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast