Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard

Article about: this is kinda taken out of context, but... "...included fold back French cuffs and and the unique old Prussian style litzen collar tabs". anyone who knows how these tabs look like?

The cuff title is Third Reich era.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard
    P
    Many

since i bought the lanyard almost a year ago i don`t expect a refund, but i sent them an e-mail today and asked for a refund anyway.
    Sarge, what is BW?

- - ------- - -

and thanx for looking at this thread/helping me!!!
    i appreciate it very much : )

BW = Bundeswehr
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Me thinks the cuff title is BW.
    Definitely not.

The Unteroffiziervorschulen (literally "NCO pre-schools", but perhaps better translated as "NCO preparatory schools") formed in 1940 were cadet school-like educational establishments for boys who were 14 to 15 years of age upon entry and underwent three years of school education combined with (pre-)military training, after which they were to move on to the army as NCOs. No such thing ever existed for the Bundeswehr.

Perhaps you are thinking of the BW cuff title with the text Unteroffizierschule ("NCO school")?

Quote by Sarge View Post
    I've seen green lanyards somewhere, but???
    Green shooting lanyards were and are used by shooting guilds. See here for a few totally random examples:

Die Schützenschnur
    USK Gifhorn von 1823 e.V.
    http://www.schuetzenbruderschaft-nat...8bc7a84_06.png
    Last edited by HPL2008; 06-06-2014 at 05:15 PM.

just a short note to say that i got a full refund!!!!
    i am still a customer at collectors guild : )

?

Ran across this old thread and wanted to update/make a correction. The green lanyard is a school marksmanship lanyard and, as was noted in the Collectors Guild description, quite scarce/rare.

From a German text/regulation: "For recognition in the context of marksmanship training with the small caliber rifle having fulfilled certain conditions, the commander of the school awarded a shooting lanyard which looked a bit like the hunter’s cord but was smaller and dark green. The shooting award was awarded in three classes: Class 1 with one acorn, Class 2 with 2 acorns and Class 3 with 3 acorns. For outstanding results, shooting trophies were awarded. The shooting was followed by weapon’s cleaning."

You can find them with a Heer eagle or one of the 2 shield types on the rosette.

Gary B
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard  
    Attached Images Attached Images unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard  unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard 

?

Additional photos of lanyard (note rare ribbon bar) and photos n wear.

Gary B
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard   unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard  

unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard   unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard  

unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard  

One more for the road
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard  

TWS
    ?

Very interesting thread.

I have a related item. It is a Waffenrock to a cadre member (not student) at Uffz Vorschule IV Tetschen.

unteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyardunteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyardunteroffiziervorschule cuff title and lanyard
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Very nice and rare rock, in what appears to be minty condition! Thanks for showing.

Gary B

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2