Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A very fine and interesting Pionier officer's Waffenrock made by Spohn & Klaiber!

Article about: Greetings fellow members! I will here present my prewar manufactured Waffenrock that was owned by a Major that almost certainly commanded Pionier Bataillon 4 from 1933 to 1942. This Waffenro

?

Default Re: A very fine and interesting Pionier officer's Waffenrock made by Spohn & Klaiber!

Lovely Tunic! and a most stunning cap

Cheers,
    Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A very fine and interesting Pionier officer's Waffenrock made by Spohn & Klaiber!
    P
    Many

KSH
    ?

Default Re: A very fine and interesting Pionier officer's Waffenrock made by Spohn & Klaiber!

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    Lovely Tunic! and a most stunning cap

Cheers,
    Pat
    Thank you Pat, I am really pleased with the set both materially and historically The cap is really the most unique piece of the grouping with its black velvet piping among other things.

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:23 PM.

?

A very nice tunic!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

KSH
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    A very nice tunic!
    Thank you, Dimas!

An update on the "collar tabs" and their strange attachment: I have studied them a bit closer, and my own theory is that the front of the tabs were period tilted downwards (typically the top side of the tabs run parallel to the top edge of the collar - but sometimes these tabs were tilted downwards in front for fashion reasons). I quite like the look of it myself. It was probably just a temporary solution (which would explain the poor wide stitching), this officer was evidently very picky when it came to his clothing - he probably never got around to having a tailor sew the tabs on properly in that position.

Regards,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2