Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform

Article about: My good friend Hugh Page Taylor sent this through to me, I have never heard of this before, always something new to learn ! The caption to the photo reads:- "Japanese observer wearing a

Default Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform

My good friend Hugh Page Taylor sent this through to me, I have never heard of this before, always something new to learn !

The caption to the photo reads:-

"Japanese observer wearing a Heer uniform, their duties were limited to evaluating Luftwaffe aircraft and Wehrmacht tanks among
    a few other duties They wore German uniforms due to the limited availability of uniforms from Japan. Notice the Kyokujitsu-ki badge
    being worn on his sleeve."

Bob
    Attached Images Attached Images Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform
    P
    Many

?

A very interesting and unique photo. I'm guessing that the " Kyokujitsu-ki badge" is a rare one to encounter.
    Thanks for that Pic.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Hello,
    and another related photo...
    Thanks

Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Anyone know if there exists any surviving examples of this shield?

First I have seen of this badge in wear--great post, and HPL, thanks for that link:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform   Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform  

Attached Images Attached Images Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

So the silence means noone knows of surviving examples in any collection?!

Thats to bad for such an historical important piece. It would have been interesting to know how many that were made.

Still very cool. I would have never imagined seeing a Japanese soldier in a Heer uniform. Not in a million years.

Very interesting ones, thank you for sharing gents.
    It's really unique to see military observer from different armies, especially if they didn't worn their original uniform. About japanese observer, if i may to add, they also sent some observer in the Dutch East Indies in 1873-74 during second Aceh military campaign. I guess this is an example of their early participation regarding observing war after Meiji restoration.

In contrast to the above, the opposite end of the spectrum--not an observer, but an actual member of the Wehrmacht: Chiang Wei-kuo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Very interesting photo, Japanese observer wearing a Heer WW2 uniform  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast