Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Volkssturm armband variant

Article about: Hello friends out there! I need your expertise on this armband. It's on its way home to me already, I can get a refund if you guys on the forum don't like it. I ordered it because I think it

Default Volkssturm armband variant

Hello friends out there! I need your expertise on this armband. It's on its way home to me already, I can get a refund if you guys on the forum don't like it.

I ordered it because I think it's good for me to have the experience of it either way.
    I can't find a similar one or a reproduction site who sells this type.

The pictures are lousy but I can get you better ones tomorrow or tuesday if it have a chance.
    And I will give you pictures of the inside.

And I don't know what to think about that ink stamp.

Thank you so much for your precious time and opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkssturm armband variant
    P
    Many

not one I have seen before.

JMM
    ?

Didn't know the Volkssturm had more than one armband model...
    Better pics really would help. what does it say on the stamp?

I've never seen that pattern either.

There is a fake like it in the Reddick catalog ( & on their website ), item #0104-042-780, wholesale @ $6.oo. I have no idea of the stamping on it,- would need a close-up of it to see what it says. See Reddick Militaria, of Pottsboro, Texas,- Third Reich & U.S. Military Decorations, Medals, Badges, Ribbons, Books & more.

Hello,

Good chance that it could be original. The Volksturm had a lot of different variations of armbands.

The Reddick example is not even close in pattern or color.
    Nazi Deutscher Volkssturm Armband - Cotton - Reddick Militaria

Fred

I know that in Reddick's catalog ( or on the werbsite ), that the color looks like it's dark brown, but in reality it is not, in person examined at the MAX show in years past, the one I looked at was a light brown / light tan. I wonder if the one posted is truly a yellow color, & i wonder what that stamping says. It is true that there are some slight variations of the regular encountered types; ones with eagle heads facing different directions, & the extra fancy silky type ( rayon ? )I have, veteran obtained 60 years ago.

?

I am actually looking forward and curious as to what Moderator Coleman has to offer as to this piece being genuine.. In the past threads there are several different styles... But not like this if memory is correct..
    I do not collect these but it is all ways good to have information on the search engine...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Hello,

There are at least 17 different versions shown in Angolia/Schlicht's book UNIFORMS AND TRADITIONS OF THE GERMAN ARMY Vol 2.

Fred

I am not a fan of this one, the yellow deutsches volksstum armband armbands are heavily faked, also the period photos show the black, red and white armbands as well as the flat white deutsches volksstrum...not much this yellow one. It does not use the regular block font found of the Volksstum armbands or the Germanic style font on the deutsches wehrmacht, the rounded letters are very out of place. Not something i would want in my collection.

Morris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast