Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Volkssturm armband variant

Article about: Hello friends out there! I need your expertise on this armband. It's on its way home to me already, I can get a refund if you guys on the forum don't like it. I ordered it because I think it

?

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

There are at least 17 different versions shown in Angolia/Schlicht's book UNIFORMS AND TRADITIONS OF THE GERMAN ARMY Vol 2.

Fred
    Was Angolia 100% without flaw or discrepancy ?? By the way Fred, I highly regard your comments and insight considering you reputation and knowledge of period TR items... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkssturm armband variant
    P
    Many

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Was Angolia 100% without flaw or discrepancy ??
    A very just question which was needed to be added. Angolia was a broad spectrum writer so his cloth books always have discrepancies.
    Also note that his work was written in 1986, so it is quite dated.
    Morris

Currently being sold for 9 Euro, same stamp.....
    However this is just my humble opinion that it is bad.
    Volkssturm armband variant

I went thru my older Reddick catalogs, & have found out that in their catalog #5, the armband is yellowish-tan, & that in their catalog #6, the armband shows up as a dark brown. Perhaps the color difference is due to the re-printing of the catalog, where it came out brown instead of the yellowish-tan.

Or... that the faker decided to make them in 2 different colors for higher sales.

I have not encountered a Volkssturm band in this configuration in over 50 years of being in the hobby. I would not want it in my collection without Much more proof and verification from period photographs or catalogs. Until then, it would be nothing but a "what if" worry...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Wow, thank you all for your opinions and information. The armband did not arrive today so it will be here tomorrow but I will not be satisfied with it in my collection after seeing all this. And the picture with the four different armbands for 9 euro each killed my hope for this item.

But now I can at least investigate the object and feel how a fake one feels in my hand.

Thank you guys, you are the best.

That is a great attitude to have. We do our best in collecting these items and each and every one is an education good or bad.

I have never encountered a Volksturm armband with a property stamp. I would be very suspicious of this especially as it is an odd variant pattern.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thank you gentlemen I will upload my own pictures later today when I got the time.
    It looks old (but fakes can be very old too) and are very crude. No special smell.

But even if I liked the item, it is to many doubts in this history.

The ink stamp say "Deutscher Volkssturm Gau 22" over the eagle and below it says ___ Kompanie and 133. Batallion.

The thing that gives me a headache is that the ink stamp looks very,very similar to this one from this thread
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/soldb...amburg-533329/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Volkssturm armband variant  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast