Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Volkssturm armband variant

Article about: Hello friends out there! I need your expertise on this armband. It's on its way home to me already, I can get a refund if you guys on the forum don't like it. I ordered it because I think it

I have made my first "burn test" - I took two long threads from the armband and burnt it.

It did not burn very well and it smelled like plastic, a unpleasant smell. So I guess that I got a clear result of my test?
    This is an item from the 4th Reich if I have done my homework.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Volkssturm armband variant
    P
    Many

I now found a similar one on WAF, not the same font and stitching but with the same ink stamp. Gau 22, 2 Kompanie , 133 Batallion.
    Deutscher Volkssturm Wehrmacht armband - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

There are no similarities between the one you just posted and the item you started with. Also there is almost no reason for a particular style volksstrum armband to have a very specific ownership stamp to Reichsgau Oberdonau.... a Gau with a very small Volksstrum defense force, estimated to be at the largest between 548-600 especially to the 2 Kompanie , 133 Batallion. There is no reason for it to be that specific as well as finding 2 "variants" to the same unit.

There are thousands of volksstrum armbands out there which can easily be identified as original, why not pursue those?
    Volkssturm armband variantVolkssturm armband variant

I will send it back to the seller. He has a "standard pattern" (the most common) armband also so I will trade it if that armband is OK. I have just asked for good pictures of that one.

But this story have learned me to be careful with variants and I have also learned how a negative result of the burn test looks like.
    Thank you all for your advice and information

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3