Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Waffenfarbe colours

Article about: In need of some help please guys. I'm having trouble identifying the waffenfarbe colours on 2 of these officers tabs. The one on the left is Transport, and the one on the right medical? The

Default Waffenfarbe colours

In need of some help please guys. I'm having trouble identifying the waffenfarbe colours on 2 of these officers tabs. The one on the left is Transport, and the one on the right medical? The one in the middle? It really does look like Chaplain's, or is the one on the left medical?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffenfarbe colours  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffenfarbe colours
    P
    Many

To me, the left one looks like TSD/admin and the other two like medical tabs in slightly different shades.

The problem is, this is very hard to tell with absolute certainty from a digital photograph displayed on a computer screen. Both the way a camera picks up shades of colors and the way the resulting image is represented on a computer screen can be deceiving.

(Which is, of course, compounded by the fact that subtly varying color nuances occurred between different manufacturers and even different batches of dyes.)

The following shades of blue/purple were used by the Heer:

• cornflower blue [kornblumenblau] = medical
    • light blue [hellblau] = transport
    • light blue [hellblau] of a different, more mid-blue shade than the above, sometimes referred to as dragoons' blue [dragonerblau] = TSD/administration
    • purple [violett] = chaplains

I know what you are saying there. In hand is the only way to be certain. The one in the middle certainly looks purple in daylight. I guess it's one of those that will be on the fence.
    Thanks for taking the time to reply