Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffenrock - From Corporal to soldier?

Article about: Hi, We have this Waffenrock in our collection and it appears that this veteran was demoted from corporal (Kanonier) to soldier. The corporal patch was very well removed and the uniform was n

Quote by Anderson View Post
    A chevron appears to have been removed, but you can't assume a demotion as we can't possibly know who removed it and when. It could have been removed by a collector post war, for reasons now unknown.
    Thank you very much for your opinion!

I particularly think it was during the war because a collector would remove the eagle and other patches.

It was very common for soldiers to suffer punishment and lose their respective ranks.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffenrock - From Corporal to soldier?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    This Waffenrock is an issued piece with the acceptance stamp of the München military depot, it's not a privately purchased item, it means that it did not belong to a particuliar soldier, as it was owned by the unit, it could have been lended to several soldiers who did not have the same rank...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    This Waffenrock is an issued piece with the acceptance stamp of the München military depot, it's not a privately purchased item, it means that it did not belong to a particuliar soldier, as it was owned by the unit, it could have been lended to several soldiers who did not have the same rank...
    Thanks
    Great information!
    Thank you!

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks
    Dear all,

This was my experience in my Bundeswehr times too. When I got my tunic (Waffenrock) as a recruit at the depot it had still sewn on the rank insignias of an unteroffizier, for fun of my comrades and superiors about their new fellow.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2