Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Want to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!

Article about: Hi everyone. The tunic was was modified during war time to look like an officers tunic; pointed collar, private purchase shoulder boards, officer quality eagle, french cuffs, (as was the pra

?

Default Want to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!

Hi everyone.

The tunic was was modified during war time to look like an officers tunic; pointed collar, private purchase shoulder boards, officer quality eagle, french cuffs, (as was the practice on many senior NCO tunics).

I know that an Oberfeldwebel was a platoon leader, and was told this particular soldier was at the Eastern Front. Can we surmise here that this Oberfeldwebel fought in battle, leading a platoon? If so, is it possible this tunic was worn in battle, or is it the informed opinion of you all that this tunic was only used as walking out dress?

I would like to outfit the mannequin with the correct accessories......battle gear, or not.

Any observations or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

GlennWant to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Want to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Want to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!

odd that if he served on the eastern front he hasn't been awarded the ost front medal
    however for the field/battle gear. he would have y straps with belt, ammunition pouches (either mp40,k98,k43 possibly mp44 but not likely) also gasmask, breadbag,mess tins,zeltbahn and canteen, bayonet (if the gun took one) and some form of steel helmet or M-43 (soft cap) see attached photos
    Want to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!Want to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!

PS: remember that during the eastern front a lot of soldats would get rid of any equiptment they didn't need they would also usually have there spade/entrenching tool tucked into the front of the belt to fight with

?

Default Re: Want to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!

Wow - what a help that is, Tom! Thank you! The Ostfront mention came from dealer who I got the tunic from, thats all I have to go on. If you don't mind, what did the Ostfront medal look like? (If I haven;t imposed upon you enough already?!)
    Glenn

?

And do you think this tunic would have been accessorized with field/battle gear? Or is it difficult to say with certainty?

Quote by Ehlrs View Post
    Wow - what a help that is, Tom! Thank you! The Ostfront mention came from dealer who I got the tunic from, thats all I have to go on. If you don't mind, what did the Ostfront medal look like? (If I haven;t imposed upon you enough already?!)
    Glenn
    no trouble at all glenn see attached photo (the ribbon hes got is a kvk)
    Want to outfit mannequin - starting with a field modified M36 Oberfeldwebel tunic - Help!

?

Yep, Iron Cross Second Class.....I'm learnin'!

All Best, Tom

Quote by Ehlrs View Post

All Best, Tom
    EK II and KVK are not the same.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Ehlrs View Post

All Best, Tom
    not iron cross kvk see photos:

there were 2 types of kvk the one with swords and the one with out (the lower one was with out swords) see photo below:

?

How knowledgable I find myself! Thanks so much for the info, Tom! Cheers to you, Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast