Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WARNING: ebayer selling fake collar tabs and other militaria

Article about: Hi I believe you may find some real nice items in EBAY. But really rarely. If you are experienced enough, you may see which is fake and which is not. Talking about ebay, here are some active

Default Re: WARNING: ebayer selling fake collar tabs and other militaria

Hi
    I believe you may find some real nice items in EBAY.
    But really rarely.
    If you are experienced enough, you may see which is fake and which is not.
    Talking about ebay, here are some active auctions I believe that the tunics are 100% original.

Uniform Jacke Artillerie/Panzer-Regiment 78 (mot ) | eBay
    100% ORIGINAL WAFFENROCK UNIFORMJACKE DER WEHRMACHT | eBay
    WH WK II Feldbluse Oberleutnant Artillerie Reg. 4 Uniform Offizier ORIGINAL TOP | eBay
    WWII German M44 Original Tunic | eBay

2. wk Uniformjacke Sturmboot 4. Pi. Ers. Btl. 9 | eBay

This one I doubt, its too large
    but it looks OK to me.
    2. wk Uniformjacke Sturmboot 4. Pi. Ers. Btl. 9 | eBay

P. S. : Moderator, sorry for posting links not pictures, but I believe this tread is for ebay and we must see the ebay auctions, not just the pictures of the items.

Cheers

George

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WARNING: ebayer selling fake collar tabs and other militaria
    P
    Many

I agree EBAY is full of rubbish, but from time to time, there are real stuff.
    about the tabs, which started the tread - fakes.
    Many sellers try to force their item to look more used and damaged.
    I know you CANNOT find any real PANZER tunic, real SS item , cuff title or SS tabs in ebay.
    The only think you can find is some m36 , m42 or m43 WH tunic.
    but as I said, very, very , very rarely.

Cheers

George

Ejunk is just a dumping grounds for someones fakes and garbage.They do have originals of course and there edged weapons have plenty of bad pieces but tons of bayonets and what not.I would strongly advise to avoid all SS and Panzer tunics and caps as they are bad!Chinese fakes abound and they now have SA kepis for sale which if anyone has bought one of these pieces of garbage he should get out of collecting German regalia!!Remember the old adage if he sounds to good to be true it usually is.

Amongst the junk you find on ebay there are always the odd little items which are being sold by people who just don't realise what they are selling. Several months ago I came across a genuine unit-marked Boer War bugle. The seller made no reference to the markings on the bugle, and only advertised it as being 'antique.' The same seller was selling a modern copy of a regimental bugle for £75. But the Boer war one was only priced at £50.

If you look often enough you really can find good stuff. It sometimes pays to try an unusual search heading. Not everybody lists stuff under a more common theme.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Amongst the junk you find on ebay there are always the odd little items which are being sold by people who just don't realise what they are selling. Several months ago I came across a genuine unit-marked Boer War bugle. The seller made no reference to the markings on the bugle, and only advertised it as being 'antique.' The same seller was selling a modern copy of a regimental bugle for £75. But the Boer war one was only priced at £50.

If you look often enough you really can find good stuff. It sometimes pays to try an unusual search heading. Not everybody lists stuff under a more common theme.
    I was talking about German items, not misc. stuff.If you find a real SS or Panzer tunic or cap post it on this forum as you have found a very rare item on Ejunk!!

- - Updated - -

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I am very "afraid" to buy militaria of Ebay, i would rather pay a couple of euro extra and get it from a reliable dealer or a member here. But there is alot of nice books to buy at a discount on ebay for those members who didnt know this.
    Smart move and better safe than sorry!!

It has happened to us all at one point or another, haha for me it happened a few more times then the Avg. im sure.

I beg to differ. Yes eBay is full of many obvious fakes but I have recently brought many good original items from eBay. Including my 3 flags and 15" metal eagle!
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WARNING: ebayer selling fake collar tabs and other militaria   WARNING: ebayer selling fake collar tabs and other militaria  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2