Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wehrmacht cap badge

Article about: This looks OK to me but would appreciate opinions It looks like the fittings were removed and the bases ground away on the wind. Sometime had glued the tabs to it probably for displaying on

Default Wehrmacht cap badge

This looks OK to me but would appreciate opinions
    It looks like the fittings were removed (probably after being damaged) and the bases of the prongs ground away on the wings giving a smoother surface for someone to glue the newly made tabs on to it probably for displaying on a cap. It looks like the original prongs would have been of the wire types. Is this one original? Many thanks for helping
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrmacht cap badge   Wehrmacht cap badge  

Wehrmacht cap badge   Wehrmacht cap badge  

Wehrmacht cap badge   Wehrmacht cap badge  

Wehrmacht cap badge  
    Last edited by Bonecollector; 05-26-2019 at 06:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht cap badge
    P
    Many

Does this one need better pictures for a judgement to be made?

RMD
    ?

The reason this looks real to me is because the detail of the reverse side. I can see the swastika, the eye of the eagle, the tips of the wings, the eagles body. Tells me that this was stamped as opposed to molded. Also, the edge on the reverse looks nice and thick, consistent.

.. I'm not sure about the prongs though.

This is just my opinion. Hopefully someone else will come along and give their thoughts.

RMD
    ?

This is what I would expect to see at the back of a fake. Looks molded.

.. Again, this is just my best opinion.

Wehrmacht cap badge

Many thanks for this advice. The makers marks are also nice and clear. The tabs were just stuck on with thick blobs of glue

RMD
    ?

.... Glue? Crazy

But remember, I'm just going by what I have seen in the past. I don't collect these items, so I don't pay much attention to them. For me, I just study the NSDAP armbands, party pins, and lately, flags.

.. I hope it works out for yah

Thanks for looking RMD. I'm interested in many aspects of history and pick up things which take my interest. I used to find lots of items in a local boot sale but not very often now. I've had this a while and only just thought about it.

Looks a good original to me, Maybe the original pins broke off when the badge was removed from its cap, the glued on pins are a post war repair, regards,Paul

Many thanks Paul for your help I appreciate it greatly

RMD
    ?

Quote by Bonecollector View Post
    Thanks for looking RMD. I'm interested in many aspects of history and pick up things which take my interest. I used to find lots of items in a local boot sale but not very often now. I've had this a while and only just thought about it.

... No problem, Bonecollector.

I'm glad that paulscoot dropped by to give his opinion. So far, looks like you have the real deal.

I'm glad it seems to be working out for you

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast