Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

wehrmacht great coat real or fake

Article about: I purchased this wehrmacht officers great coat off ebay a while back and it appears to be tailor made but when i try to research the manufactures name i come up with a blank. The manufacture

?

Default wehrmacht great coat real or fake

I purchased this wehrmacht officers great coat off ebay a while back and it appears to be tailor made but when i try to research the manufactures name i come up with a blank. The manufactures name is printed on the material in the inside pocket with an ink stamp printed over it would like some help identifing this coat the manufacture and if any one can tell me what the ink stamp is or stands for i cant tell if its an quality control stamp or what it is any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture wehrmacht great coat real or fake   wehrmacht great coat real or fake  

wehrmacht great coat real or fake   wehrmacht great coat real or fake  

wehrmacht great coat real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement wehrmacht great coat real or fake
    P
    Many

Default Re: wehrmacht great coat real or fake

this does not look like a wehrmacht officers overcoat to me,,,i think it is a commercially produced item,,,could have been used by anyone actually,but i am sure not a official Werhmacht accepted pattern

Sorry this is bad.

It is an East German made civvy coat. Note the letters "VEB" which stands for Volkseigene Betriebe.

Cheers, Ade.

The odd belt should have been a red flag that this wasn't TR.

?

I guess its a good thing I didnt pay a lot of money for it 50$ US from Global antiques there selling a lot of stuff that they are claiming to be original german WW2 . I have been burned a couple of times now kinda leaves a bad taste in your mouth.I am glad to be a member of the forum now. I dont think I will be making any more purchases before doing some research and posting the item on the forum for scrutiny and opinions by other members thanks again guys

When I saw your photo the name of 'Global Antiques' came to mind. I've never bought anything from them as their story of having found the last intact German supply warehouse just seems too good to be true. Eastern European militaria sellers unfortunately have to be extra scrutinized it seems as sometimes they can be very liberal with the truth.

?

I have been in contact with GlobalAntiques and they have agreed to return my money and let me keep the jacket or return it to them for a full refund .I dont feel that I shud be responsible for paying the postage to have this coat returned to them and keeping it just doesn't sit well with me.So my reply to them was that they should pay for the shipping back to Bulgaria and return the cost of the overcoat plus my cost for the shipping from Bulgaria to here. Iam waiting on a response time will tell will keep you posted.

I would take up their offer and have the refund and keep the coat. I would then donate the coat to a charity shop. Or sell it for what it is, and donate the money to a good cause.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thats a good thought Ade there should be a silent auction coming up soon for the Vancouver Childrens Hospital think I will google it and check Then to be fair I should tell Globalantiques that it can be donated in there name. then it will be a win win for everyone.

?

I wouldnt bother donating it in their name, your the one whos had all this hassle, get your money back then donate it in your name, let people think good of you not some company that prefers to try and hoodwink others

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast