Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

on Wehrmacht officer boots.

Article about: Hello everyone, what do you think of these boots? They are for sale only for 50 euros so thought to ask here first. I have noticed that the front metal piece is missing from the right one. S

Default on Wehrmacht officer boots.

Hello everyone, what do you think of these boots? They are for sale only for 50 euros so thought to ask here first.
    I have noticed that the front metal piece is missing from the right one.
    Should these have those metal pins/spikes under the sole?
    Attached Images Attached Images on Wehrmacht officer boots.  on Wehrmacht officer boots.  on Wehrmacht officer boots.  on Wehrmacht officer boots.  on Wehrmacht officer boots.  on Wehrmacht officer boots.  on Wehrmacht officer boots.  on Wehrmacht officer boots.  on Wehrmacht officer boots. 
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on Wehrmacht officer boots.
    P
    Many

Default Re: on Wehrmacht officer boots.

Hello,
    Save your 50 euro for the real deal when you find it.
    IMO to depict an officer it's better to find a pair of regulation cavalry boots, they have a high shaft and are vey nice with a pair of spurs.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Save your 50 euro for the real deal when you find it.
    IMO to depict an officer it's better to find a pair of regulation cavalry boots, they have a high shaft and are vey nice with a pair of spurs.
    Thanks
    Hi Philip, so when seeing a low price there is always a catch
    Probably these are post war?

Hello,
    Yes IMO they're postwar.
    It is not true to say that because it's cheap it's not good....sometimes it's not good but it's expensive and sometimes you can find a cheap genuine pair, depends who you're buying from. From dealers, you can rarely make a bargain of course, but from fleamarkets or general sites on the Internet, you can find a gem for almost nothing...it's a matter of patience...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hi Philip, so when seeing a low price there is always a catch
    Not always if you know your s###;I've found quite a few pairs of "last ditch" WW2 WH lowboots at militaria shows and even on eBay that came for a handfiul of € thanks to some collectors' thirst for "shark noses",six-sided hobnails and stuff !
    These boots could have been made anywhere between 1940 and 1950,but I do have a few pictures of this very style of boot worn by German Officers.I don't have the time to look for them right now but if you have the Schiffer book "German Paratroops" by R.Kurtz at page 141 you'll find a picture of a nearly identical pair worn by a Fallschirmjager Officer throughout the Normandy Campaign.This pair is well documented,come with a genuine story and resides in C.Mason's collection,while the pair you've posted isn't neither documented nor easily dated!
    It's your call...you can bite the bullet and get them wishing and hoping they're period or look for a genuine pair of WH-Issue Riding boots!*
    HTH
    Manny
    *P.S.;contact me thru PM

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Should these have those metal pins/spikes under the sole?
    No,
    this kind of bot was generally devoid of hobnails,but it was a matter of a 30-minutes job for the company "schuster" if the owner wanted hobnails under the soles (of his boots,that is ).

At second thought i think you are right. Low price does not always mean it's not good coz i have also found some cheap treasures in the past. So it could be period it could not. That's a hard call

By the way thanks for your replies. I appreciate your help

I don't know if they are right or wrong, but hobnails were used back then I have a pair of brown ww2 corcoran u.s, jump boots & they have nails in them also, but if you really want to repair them, such as the toe tap, or horse shoe shaped part, look on ebay German field gear & they sell the nails & toe taps, or what ever they are called. take care
    regards Marty

?

They look kind of like some east german boots I've seen in the past but dont take my word that these arn't good. they're not too expensive, though. I just had a pair tailored to my feet recently and I'm very satisfied. I have, however, bought boots online several times and none of them fit me, so I just said," the hell with it"! and I git some made. Good luck! (you're gonna need it!)
    ~Dean

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast