Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

on Wehrmacht officer boots.

Article about: Hello everyone, what do you think of these boots? They are for sale only for 50 euros so thought to ask here first. I have noticed that the front metal piece is missing from the right one. S

Default Re: on Wehrmacht officer boots.

Hi Dean, i don't want to wear them. Just to put them in a corner of my museum for display purposes

Thanks for the info Marty. It's been a while since i last used ebay.
    Usually i don't mess with stuff. I leave them as is. But there are always exceptions.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement on Wehrmacht officer boots.
    P
    Many

Quote by donkihotis7 View Post
    Hi Dean, i don't want to wear them. Just to put them in a corner of my museum for display purposes

Thanks for the info Marty. It's been a while since i last used ebay.
    Usually i don't mess with stuff. I leave them as is. But there are always exceptions.
    Thumb thru Kurz's book and take a look at page 141...or else drop me a line for a WH-issue pair of Reiterstiefel..I must have several pairs left somewhere!
    Cheers
    Manny

Ok Manny, thanks. I'll check it out
    Seller says that since it's marked ''Continental'' it can't be Eastern Germany boots. Is that true?

Ok Manny, thanks. I'll check it out
    Seller says that since it's marked ''Continental'' it can't be Eastern Germany boots. Is that true?
    Continental made all kind of things rubber throughout WW2...tyres and Panzer laufrollen reifen were stamped "Continental" with the same font at times,while other rubber items made by Continental Caoutchouc(Hannover),Continental Gummiwerke (Hannover) and Continental Motorbootsbau(Klosterneuberg) were code-stamped 'aqc','jnk' and 'cfc' respectively.
    Continental can be found stamped on quite a few WW2-period rubber soles and heels and of course it's Dritte Reich /West German.
    On the other hand New York(!!!)-Hamburg gummiwaren (code 'bfn') worked for zee Tcherman Armed Forces too !
    Cheers
    Manny

Quote by Canuck63 View Post
    Continental made all kind of things rubber throughout WW2...tyres and Panzer laufrollen reifen were stamped "Continental" with the same font at times,while other rubber items made by Continental Caoutchouc(Hannover),Continental Gummiwerke (Hannover) and Continental Motorbootsbau(Klosterneuberg) were code-stamped 'aqc','jnk' and 'cfc' respectively.
    Continental can be found stamped on quite a few WW2-period rubber soles and heels and of course it's Dritte Reich /West German.
    On the other hand New York(!!!)-Hamburg gummiwaren (code 'bfn') worked for zee Tcherman Armed Forces too !
    Cheers
    Manny
    So if these were post war made, then they would be made in Wet Germany not Eastern right?

Cheers
    Manny
    So if these were made post war , then they would be made in West Germany not Eastern right?

So if these were post war made, then they would be made in Wet Germany not Eastern right?
    It ain't to be necessarily so...if you really want to get confused further let me tell you that these boots could have been made in Eastern Germany with a Continental rubber heel added later or even when they still were on the worker's bench!
    In my opinion you're wasdting too much time trying to convince (or dissuade) yourself.If your guts tell you that they could be period then get them,or else look for a WH-issue pair!
    I don't want to sound rude or disrespectful my friend...just trying to tell you that there's no use in asking questions that can't be answered with absolute certainty.If you like them fetch them, keeping in mind that such kind of boots (not WH/LW/WSS-issue I mean!) could have been made in 1940 or even in 1952.If you want a pair that can be dated before May 8th 1945 then you definitely have to look for something else...elsewhere!
    Cheers
    Manny

It ain't to be necessarily so...if you really want to get confused further let me tell you that these boots could have been made in Eastern Germany with a Continental rubber heel added later or even when they still were on the worker's bench!
    In my opinion you're wasdting too much time trying to convince (or dissuade) yourself.If your guts tell you that they could be period then get them,or else look for a WH-issue pair!
    I don't want to sound rude or disrespectful my friend...just trying to tell you that there's no use in asking questions that can't be answered with absolute certainty.If you like them fetch them, keeping in mind that such kind of boots (not WH/Luftwaffe/WSS-issue I mean!) could have been made in 1940 or even in 1952.If you want a pair that can be dated before May 8th 1945 then you definitely have to look for something else...elsewhere!
    Cheers
    Manny
    Hi Manny, you don't sound rude don't worry. I was just trying to figure out something particular about this pair. Apparently we can't tell so i will pass.
    Thanks for your help

Red face

Hello Guys!
    What do you think about this pair of boots? Is it a war time piece or a post war? Military one or a civilian? Thanks for your help!

on Wehrmacht officer boots.on Wehrmacht officer boots.on Wehrmacht officer boots.on Wehrmacht officer boots.on Wehrmacht officer boots.on Wehrmacht officer boots.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2