Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Wehrmacht offizier Stiefelhose, or Breeches advise needed.

Article about: Good day fellow collectors, I am a big fan of complete mannequins and therefore composing one as a Pionier Offizier. The M36 tunic, schirmmutze, boots and some equipment are present, but I a

Default Wehrmacht offizier Stiefelhose, or Breeches advise needed.

Good day fellow collectors,

I am a big fan of complete mannequins and therefore composing one as a Pionier Offizier.
    The M36 tunic, schirmmutze, boots and some equipment are present, but I am still looking for correct breeches.

I saw the question was asked before, but no sudden answer.

So can anyone tell me, perhaps show me, if world war two breeches always have 1 back pocket?
    about 90 % of the breeches I can find online consist of one rear pocket. Some have two, but are claimed to be early post war?

I would like to keep my setup as correct as possible, hope you guys can help me out!

Regards, Adri

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrmacht offizier Stiefelhose, or Breeches advise needed.
    P
    Many

Anyone?

I don't understand why you are asking this. Why would someone wanting to be as "accurate as possible" even consider going against what you regard as statistically 90% typical? Officer breeches were private purchase and had a lot of latitude for customization, so it would be hard to say they never had two back pockets. Unless you only have access to 2-pocket examples, if you are so concerned, why don't you just join the 90% and be happy with that?

Hello,
    The usual Heer breeches for unmounted troops do have one rear pocket, on the right.
    The breeches 44 have two rear pockets
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    Officer breeches were private purchase

Hello,
    Breeches could be lend from the corps, for mounted and unmounted Officers. It was their choice to purchase something else somewhere else.
    A german Officer with issue breeches was common, not all Officers could afford privately purchased garments.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Of course officers often used EM issue uniforms, like most Pz wrappers, but most did have private purchase uniforms for walking out uniforms. However, the whole point is that with private purchase items, custom specs were rampant.
    Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-19-2020 at 11:23 PM.

Thank you so much JPhilip. It makes sense. And Nick, sorry for asking. I thought that was what this forum was all about. Learning form one and other. The reason I asked may I add, was that some said that 2 rear pockets are always post war. And for that I couldnt find any confirmation. I wanted to make sure, not to add a post-war set of breeches to the collection, since A local webshop offered one with two rear pockets stating to be correct.

Again, sorry for asking.

Quote by Adri1984 View Post
    Again, sorry for asking.
    Hello,
    You don't need to be sorry for asking this kind of question here, this subforum is specifically dedicated to the uniforms of the Wehrmacht and in case of a purchase it's better to be safe than sorry as our english speaking friends say.
    My advice to you would be to stick to issue breeches, with them there's no surprise and they're quite "rewarding" once on the mannequin.
    I personally own a few breeches, all issue, the only variation i've got are dutch prewar breeches modified to german statut for a reissue in the Heer. Nick is also right when he says that many Officers got privately purchased breeches.
    It's just a question of choice...issue breeches usually cost more, but you know exactly what you've got...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :