Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Well-worn camouflage jacket

Article about: I was visting an older gentleman who owns a militaria booth at a antique mall yesterday, and he asked me for my opinion of a new item he recently acquired. These camo pieces aren't currently

Default Well-worn camouflage jacket

I was visting an older gentleman who owns a militaria booth at a antique mall yesterday, and he asked me for my opinion of a new item he recently acquired. These camo pieces aren't currently a item of interest for me, and that will probably not change anytime soon, so I obviously was unable to help him. Due to his age, probably, he doesn't own a computer, and seeing how he's one of the nicest guys I've meet, I told him I'd put in a request for any information about this jacket here. Sorry if I didn't photograph any pertinent areas, and thank you for any help you can offer.
    Additional notation: I've done some light research myself and it appears to me the buttons and pattern are correct for the period. However, the buttons aren't marked. One theory of mine is this could be a later variant? Also, I didn't see any marking either on the interior, but, of course, their could've been some in the past. It could also be related to the heer, and not the ss. If so, sincere apologizes, and if time permits will a mod. transfer this to the correct sub-forum; thanks again.
    Well-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacketWell-worn camouflage jacket
    If it helps, image one and seven are probably the best depiction of the actual tone of the color.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Well-worn camouflage jacket
    P
    Many

Even though I don't collect these, it's quite evident this is not a reproduction. I've based this on collecting tunics, so this is not really a real or fake thread, unless it's a reproduction lol. I guess what I'm really trying to determine for the gentleman, and what he wants to know is what period is his item of and the name of the pattern. I can't seem to find a identical one, either, though not from lack of effort. That said, I did find a example that was from the wwii period with the same buttons. I'm sure they could've used the same buttons in the 50's as well though, so I don't know how significant that was.

?

The Camo pattern is called Sumpftarn I think.. I love the look of this jacket..
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

It is indeed Sumpftarn, a slightly different pattern of the camo was used post war by the BGS!...

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Moved to the right forum.

Original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

"It could also be related to the heer, and not the ss"

You are correct, not an SS camo pattern!...

Hello,
    It is an original non reversible winter parka in "Sumpfmuster 44"
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

like it.

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    It is an original non reversible winter parka in "Sumpfmuster 44"
    Thanks
    Thank you all for the help, and if the gentleman was with me I'm sure he'd thank you as well. I see prior to the post I am quoting someone said it is post-war. Now that I've been supplied with the name of this paticular jacket, I was able to find some very useful information. It appears this model was produced from 44-45, and is not a post-war item as stated above. Is that a correct assumption? Also, I now believe this to be a heer related item, is that correct as well? Thank you all once more.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Moved to the right forum.

Original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you Ade, and apologizes for the extra work I provided you with. :/

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast