Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Well-worn camouflage jacket

Article about: I was visting an older gentleman who owns a militaria booth at a antique mall yesterday, and he asked me for my opinion of a new item he recently acquired. These camo pieces aren't currently

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I see prior to the post I am quoting someone said it is post-war.
    No Youthcollector1, what was posted in post #4 was that a very similar design of camo pattern was used post war, not that this was post war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Well-worn camouflage jacket
    P
    Many

Yes a good wartime jacket. These were used 1944 to the end of the war.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    No Youthcollector1, what was posted in post #4 was that a very similar design of camo pattern was used post war, not that this was post war.
    Wonderful. I can see the similarities and differences. The link I posted shows both. It appears the Sumpfmuster 44 variants pattern doesn't have the crisp edging found on the post-war examples. Now that I know this is WWII I'm quite tempted to snatch it up.

The link I spoke of, forgot to add it.
    Update: Oops, I forgot it twice as I was rushing. Finally, here it is!
    kamouflage.net — Wehrmachts-Sumpfmuster 44
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-13-2013 at 03:30 AM.

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Yes a good wartime jacket. These were used 1944 to the end of the war.
    Thank you sir. I am relaying the info. on to the owner shortly. He was putting the hard sell on me the day I took the pictures, and at first I was hesitant. Although I don't collect these, the price is cheaper than most all item from the tr, and it would make a great item for trading. Point being, I am leaving in an hour to pick it up.

I hope you get it. It is a nice jacket. Worn by the Heer and in lesser numbers by the Luftwaffe.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I now own said jacket. Thank you all for the help, honestly didn't think I'd be purchasing this, but I couldn't pass the deal up; thanks again.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Indeed, and sorry Gunny, I misinterpreted your post. After rereading it I realized what you were saying. Thank you too Jerry for making it clear.
    Last edited by youthcollector1; 11-13-2013 at 05:57 AM.

?

A very nice tunic these are quite desirable the colors are nice and crisp and show little fading and as previously mentioned was the for runner of the Bundesgrenzschutz Sumpftarn pattern that first seen use from the late 1950's which there are three post war variations of this pattern production stopped in 1976.

Regards Mark K

wow nice jacket - congrats

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast