Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Well-worn camouflage jacket

Article about: I was visting an older gentleman who owns a militaria booth at a antique mall yesterday, and he asked me for my opinion of a new item he recently acquired. These camo pieces aren't currently

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    A very nice tunic these are quite desirable the colors are nice and crisp and show little fading and as previously mentioned was the for runner of the Bundesgrenzschutz Sumpftarn pattern that first seen use from the late 1950's which there are three post war variations of this pattern production stopped in 1976.

Regards Mark K
    Thank you Mark. I must admit I feel somewhat dumb being a Texan and not already knowing this; us Texans love our camo! However, now that I know the name and own this, I've spent the last few hours searching the Internet. Shockingly, at least to me, I found plenty of information, and with the help of my fellow forum members, I am now armed with some knowledge.
    I also got a WWII USMC sniper camo cover with the mosquito net for a M1 in mint plus condition. It too is not a item I'd usually buy, but it is quite cool looking for lack of better words, and the price was right as well.

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    wow nice jacket - congrats
    Thank you too, Mr. Meyle.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Well-worn camouflage jacket
    P
    Many

?

I as well love my camo and have a fairly extensive collection mainly post war and have the second and third variation of the Sumpftarn in field jackets it is one of my favorite patterns.

Regards Mark K

?

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I now own said jacket. Thank you all for the help, honestly didn't think I'd be purchasing this, but I couldn't pass the deal up; thanks again.
    Excellent , this is a very nice example of Sumpftarn muster 44 camoflage !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by youthcollector1 View Post
    I now own said jacket. Thank you all for the help, honestly didn't think I'd be purchasing this, but I couldn't pass the deal up; thanks again.
    Well done, it's an item i'd be proud to own!...

Thanks Gunny and Paul. I've been studying up on these, and of course, now, I've become very intrigued by them. It is also undoubtably a combat used jacket, it even has pit stains, lol.

Funny enough, I purchased this from the same man in the link below. I was driving down to Galveston for personal reasons, and since the guy was so kind the prior visit, besides his pricing, decided to stop and say hello. Looking around, again, everything was a few hundred dollars over market value. However, he wasn't sure on this item, and wanted to flip it ASAP it seemed. Sounded kind of fishy to me, but considering the wear, material, and construction were right on, IMO, I figured I'd research it, at minimum to help out a good guy. Needless to say, it's two days later and it's now in my collection; thank you all for your kind assistance.
    I also purchased a camo mosquito net, but I'll post that elsewhere.

Here's the link to his other item I found first;
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...m-42-a-242354/

Hello, there is various paterns of this camo and I think it's will be difficult to have the SAME for the pants.
    I bought the jacket and trousers to Tarnmilitaria, now it's hard to find the gloves and hood.
    Look here :
    The Collector's Guild

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Hello, there is various paterns of this camo and I think it's will be difficult to have the SAME for the pants.
    I bought the jacket and trousers to Tarnmilitaria, now it's hard to find the gloves and hood.
    Look here :
    The Collector's Guild
    That's no problem as I'm not really a "full display" kind of guy, just tunic/jacket, belt, medals...basically the top portion only. Also, if the link is any indenification of the value I got a steal as I paid a little over 250USD for both items.

The other item;
    Well-worn camouflage jacket
    WWII USMC camo cover/mosquito net.

You did very very well. Congrats!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast