MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WH Cavalry Uniforms

Article about: Views: 0 Size: 113.1 KB class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> Since I got into exhibiting I've spread my wings and began collecting Wehrmacht (armed forces) in order to expand the exhibit

Default WH Cavalry Uniforms

WH Cavalry UniformsWH Cavalry UniformsWH Cavalry UniformsWH Cavalry Uniforms

Since I got into exhibiting I've spread my wings and began collecting Wehrmacht (armed forces) in order to expand the exhibit themes. I pick out a theme, i.e. NCO Uniforms of the German Wehrmacht and then pick four tunics, one from each of the four services, and mount an exhibit. I have one WH Cavalry Officer walk out dress tunic, and two WH Cavalry NCO walk out dress. The one shown is from Cavalry-Regiment 1, which I believe was transformed into the 24. Panzer and was destroyed at Stalingrad. Notice the Cavalry Standard Bearer's sleeve patch.

I have one SS-Unterscharfuhrer of Kavallerie tunic from the Florian Geyer Division so I have enough for an exhibit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH Cavalry Uniforms
    P
    Many

Hello Willi,

A beautiful old style cavalry tunic you have there. Please show us more of your collection, perhaps you will have a Sticky before to long...

Best
    Colin

that's a very nice set,love it.

Cavalry is my favorite WH branch. Congrats with that beautiful dress tunic and visor cap.

Thank you all. This is the way it came.

I have always felt that the contrast between field grey and the golden-yellow cavalry branch color is a particularly pleasing one.

So are pink-piped black panzer uniforms..

Another great post, I am in awe of your fabulous collection, just breath-taking.

Here is a small contribution to your great photos...

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Cavalry Uniforms  

?

Beautiful and well made pieces of history!

Beautiful cap, Bob. That is my standard of quality that I really appreciate. I had the opportunity to purchase one of those caps with the skull and crossbones pin; however, my WH Cavalry Officer uniform has a #10 cipher on the boards so it wasn't a match. My uniform is named to a Major, who was posted to the WH Cavalry School, where he published a book on Cavalry Tactics in 1942. In 1944 he was some sort of military administrator in a region northwest of Paris. I have one more WH NCO Cavalry walk out dress uniform with the "Schutzen" cipher and #6. I think that's right. I cannot jump up and run into the closet now because I have a cat that is faster than a torpedo and its Hell trying to get him out of the closets.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast