Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform

Article about: Here are some photos (courtesy Bill Shea) of my 3-piece WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform. Although not named, all of the sizes indicate they probably all came from the same soldier. I took t

Default WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform

Here are some photos (courtesy Bill Shea) of my 3-piece WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform. Although not named, all of the sizes indicate they probably all came from the same soldier. I took the jacket and overseas cap, along with panzer headphones, binoculars, etc. to the SOS and MAX shows a couple of years ago and set up with author Stephen Privatera. We stacked books around the mannequin stand; the book about an Army reconnaissance officer who served with three different panzer divisions on the Russian Front. The panzer uniform was 'eye candy' and drew a lot of people in. There were a lot of disappointed people because the panzer uniform was not for sale. On the other hand, Hermann (mannequin's name) sold a lot of books.
    Attached Images Attached Images WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform
    P
    Many

very nice it is too.

?

I can see why people were disappointed in it not being for sale. I'm sure it made for a great sales lure to get them to the table. It is a Beauty!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thank you. I think it would be considered a highlight of the two shows, especially considering how many reproductions show up. When somebody inquired about the price and we told them it wasn't for sale, but the book was, you could see the pilot light go out in their eyes. You go to a big militaria show, find something you really want, and it's not for sale. I get people asking me all the time if my stuff on exhibit. Now if you came across a layout like the one pictured, would you think the tunics behind the glass were for sale? With documentation in front of each one, etc. Does this look like a sales table? I've had people what museum I was from.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform   WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  

?

Put up a sign that says NOT FOR SALE that should cut out some of the inquiries.

Believe it or not, surprisingly it wouldn't work. These guys only have eyes for the uniforms and are not looking at signs unless it's a price tag.

Well, this black panzer uniform is not complete without the Waffenrock to go to the parade in. Here is a great panzer NCO Waffenrock who is also a bandsman. The swallows nest is usually machine sewn into the seam of the tunic. On service tunics they use those small metal eyes and hooks to latch the nests on. I have a Fire Protection Police NCO with the swallows nests put on this way.
    Attached Images Attached Images WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform 

Another amazing post with great items, love the Panzer stuff

(is it for sale ?? ... Ha! ... just kidding )

Great shots.

Cheers

Bob

That's a beautiful panzer uniform.

No, not for sale, but the book is for sale! I now have a beautiful Panzer Officer overseas cap with the pink soutache, as well as a field cap. Now I need a WH panzer officer jacket. A GD would be the epitome but a good-quality piece is desirable.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform  
    Attached Images Attached Images WH Enlisted Black Panzer Uniform 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast