MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

What kind of troops/uniform ?

Article about: Hello guys,what do you think about this uniforms ? German troops or foreign volunteers of the third reich ?

Not hungarians. They wore no black side cap.

NSKK members maybe? Similiar a lit bit a rank insgnias for the ss.
    Wears vz or mannlicher ammo pouch?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of troops/uniform ?
    P
    Many

I think the men in the first photograph are NSKK personnel employed in some wartime auxiliary role:

The black sidecaps have two buttons at the front and we can just make out the presence of some kind of insignia on the left top part of the cap worn by the man second from right in the front and the one right behind him, both of which would match NSKK sidecaps. Coveralls of this style were also worn by NSKK personnel on motoring duty.

The men in post # 3 are Trawnikis photographed during the suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto uprising. It's a well-known photo from the Stroop report.

You must be right with the first photo, Andreas.

I had another and better look and indeed they could be NSKK,
    due to the worn cap with two buttons and the coveralls in NSKK
    style. The officer is a wartime NSKK leader, as far as I can see.

There are many possibilities for duties by NSKK at war, too much
    to mention. Maybe "Daarom" has other photos from these
    occasions?

Same time with Andreas.
    So I had it thought right.

It is a pity one cannot see the man's left arm, as there could
    be positioned the NSKK arm eagle.

What kind of troops/uniform ?

?

I believe the caption for the second photo is : Ukrainian askaris standing near bodies of murdered Jews, Warsaw, 1943 Two Ukrainian Askaris peer into a doorway past the bodies of Jews killed during the suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. The original German caption reads: “Askaris used during the operation.”

Ìîáèëüíûé LiveInternet Ñòðàõ Áîæèé...Ýòî áûëî äàâíî, ýòî åñòü â Óêðàèíå! | Àëèñà_Êåíçåð - Äíåâíèê Àëèñà_Êåíçåð |

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I believe the caption for the second photo is : Ukrainian askaris standing near bodies of murdered Jews, Warsaw, 1943 Two Ukrainian Askaris peer into a doorway past the bodies of Jews killed during the suppression of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. The original German caption reads: “Askaris used during the operation.”
    The original caption is "Askaris, die miteingesetzt waren." ["Askaris who were also deployed/brought to action."] "Askari" was a colloquial and somewhat derogatory term for the Trawniki men; the actual Askari were the local soldiers serving the colonial powers in Africa.

I'm getting a security warning for the above link, but I presume it leads to the Stroop report. The photos from the report can also be found here:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._NARA_copy.pdf

The man in the center seems to be carrying a ZB26. In the rear a few Dutch Mannlicher 6.5mm carbines are to be seen. What that means in regard to unit, I am at a loss.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Wow,thx for the thinking/answers guys.I like it a lot ! I think also the are NSKK men.And i also noticed the wear ,beute waffe,.But i had no idea what it excatly was.Wkr Pat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2