Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

What is the SHD ?

Article about: This man is wearing a tab that says SHD. What does that stand for? I did not put the Kopierschutz on the foto. Thanks.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default What is the SHD ?

This man is wearing a tab that says SHD. What does that stand for? I did not put the Kopierschutz on the foto. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images What is the SHD ? 

2. # ADS

Default Re: What is the SHD ?

Hi Bob, they were part of the Luftschutze and were the Sicherheits- und Hilfsdienstes.

Cheers, Ade.

?

They were the people who came in after an air raid to perform rescue and recovery operations.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Thanks for the info guys!

?

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys!
    You are welcome. Here are some SHD items in my collection(BTW, that is a great photograph).

There were only two types of collar tabs... officer and enlisted. rank was shown on the shoulder insignia.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is the SHD ?   What is the SHD ?  

What is the SHD ?   What is the SHD ?  

What is the SHD ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images What is the SHD ? 

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Paul R View Post
    You are welcome. Here are some SHD items in my collection(BTW, that is a great photograph).

There were only two types of collar tabs... officer and enlisted. rank was shown on the shoulder insignia.
    You can buy it on ebay Deutschland...

?

A close companion organization to the SHD was the LSW(Early Warning Service). They provided warning of approaching enemy aircraft to the public.

They wore the collar tabs, as seen below. The shoulder boards and etc were identical to those used by the SHD. There are three types of collar tabs. The type with the oakleaf half wreath has an unknown purpose(but they are pictured in Angolia's books and are found from time to time) The other two are for officer and enlisted ranks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What is the SHD ?  
    Attached Images Attached Images What is the SHD ?  What is the SHD ? 

Members who have read this thread: 2