Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What uniform would a halftrack driver wear?

Article about: Gentlemen, I need to figure out the proper uniform for a Heer Sd.Kfz. 251 driver. Can anyone offer photos or other information? Would he wear a black wrap? Assault gun wrap? feldbluse? Hawai

Default What uniform would a halftrack driver wear?

Gentlemen, I need to figure out the proper uniform for a Heer Sd.Kfz. 251 driver. Can anyone offer photos or other information? Would he wear a black wrap? Assault gun wrap? feldbluse? Hawaiian shirt? What piping would he wear?

Thanks!
    Mo

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What uniform would a halftrack driver wear?
    P
    Many

I would say a assault gun wrap.

CBH
    ?

Assault gun wrap , or camo smock with Hawaiin shirt .

?

Good question, because a radio operator has his insignia.

So would the driver have the Driver patch on his sleeve?!

Edit: Found another, i dont know if it is the driver. But placed a sircle around the man.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What uniform would a halftrack driver wear?   What uniform would a halftrack driver wear?  

I wasn't aware that drivers wore a specific uniform, as I was under the impression that all crew-members were taught to drive the vehicle in case the assigned driver was incapacitated or needed rest...Usually, the driver is the lowest ranking crewman, the low man on the totem pole, so to speak...I'm trying to find some photos...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What uniform would a halftrack driver wear?  
    Last edited by bigmacglenn; 04-22-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Thanks guys, this is really good info. I also need to figure out whether or not a designated halftrack driver would be eligible for the infantry assault badge in bronze or the armored assault badge in bronze.

?

ObKrieger see the pocket of the Blitz in my photo, he has a armored assault badge. Dont know if it is bronze.

I noticed that and it looks bronze to me. I have documented proof that panzergrenadiere were sometimes awarded PKA's in bronze so it's not out of the question that various halftrack crew wouldn't receive it.

Years ago, I had a grouping of material the belonged to a NCO from Gross Deutschland who drove a half track. In period pictures he was wearing a gray wrapper with white piped insignia and a driver's badge on the sleeve.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

What would he wear Mo????? ........ well as you know, some guys wear whatever they like!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What uniform would a halftrack driver wear?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast