Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

White Summer Tunic for Artillary Major

Article about: Here is a white Summer Tunic. Appears to be for Artillary Major. Came with the slip on shoulder boards and metal breast eagle. While lightly soiled its in great shape. Is this a 2nd pattern

U.S. G.I. Dressed up as a German?

The back of the photo wrote Feb 10, 46. Is that mean taken in 1946, or just a mistake?

Regards,
    Taka

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White Summer Tunic for Artillary Major
    P
    Many

I would think that is the date the picture was taken. There was a large occupation force in Germany at the time. Due to the harsh conditions the civilian population were experiencing at the time, there was a huge black market trade in 3rd Reich items as it was known the GI's would buy such items as souvenirs.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I would not expect shoulder boards on a white tunic to show the same amount of wear as the jacket itself. The reason being a white tunic was likely laundered after every time it was worn. The shoulder straps would be removed during the cleaning so they would not reflect the same amount of wear. It is also possible, the straps are newer due to a promotion. All conjecture but it would never be a concern with me.
    Bob,

Agree. That is probably the most likely scenario and not a concern but a good observation by YouthCollector.

The top of the boards show some age but the underside are clean and minty.

Everyone......thanks for all your help. Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

And Hal.....love the pic. Took me a second to realize it was a GI. Saw the pic and replied before I read the letter......However if it was a real German soldier it would have been VERY FUNNY that he was smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hal
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Bob,

Agree. That is probably the most likely scenario and not a concern but a good observation by YouthCollector.

The top of the boards show some age but the underside are clean and minty.

Everyone......thanks for all your help. Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.

And Hal.....love the pic. Took me a second to realize it was a GI. Saw the pic and replied before I read the letter......However if it was a real German soldier it would have been VERY FUNNY that he was smiling!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael
    Hi Michael, glad you liked the picture. Best, Hal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3