Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Wondering if someone can cast their expert eye over the uniform in this pic

Article about: Firstly let me apologise if I am posting this inappropriately and this is not the correct thread/forum. I was wondering if anyone could identify the uniform in the attatched pic. We have Ger

KrisseB
    ?

Default Wondering if someone can cast their expert eye over the uniform in this pic

Firstly let me apologise if I am posting this inappropriately and this is not the correct thread/forum. I was wondering if anyone could identify the uniform in the attatched pic. We have German relatives on the one side of my family tree, but unfortunately know very little about them & have few pictures of which this is one. I have tried to research this myself online, but have only succeeded in confusing myself completely
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wondering if someone can cast their expert eye over the uniform in this pic  

2. # ADS

Hi and welcome to the forum. From your picture the gentleman seems to be in the Luftwaffe, German Air Force.
    Regards Steve.

KrisseB
    ?

Many thanks for your help

He appears to have a single rank chevron on his left sleeve so a gefreiter/lance corporal in the luftwaffe.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The dark colour of his collar tabs indicate that most likely he would be flak/artillery (red background)!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    The dark colour of his collar tabs indicate that most likely he would be flak/artillery (red background)!...
    Hello,
    It could be also the Waffenfarbe from the Sanitätstruppe or even the Pionere...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)