Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German army jacket?

Article about: I have come into possession of this jacket. It has no labels or insignia whatsoever. However on closer inspection, one can see that there were once badges sewn onto either side of the collar

Default WW2 German army jacket?

I have come into possession of this jacket.

It has no labels or insignia whatsoever. However on closer inspection, one can see that there were once badges sewn onto either side of the collar, medal ribbons above the pocket and some sort of badge on the left breast pocket. There is also evidence that a shield of somesort was sewn onto one arm.

It has a distinctly German look to it, and is fully lined & seemingly well tailored.

Does anyone have any idea what it is?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German army jacket?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German army jacket?
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 German army jacket?

Forestry or Customs Better pictures r needed

Looks like Forestry. Close up of collar and place where patch was removed plus some internal shots would help. NH

Okay I shall try & get some better photos for you guys.

When it comes to German/Third Reich stuff I am a rank amateur. Exactly who were the Forestry people?

I only suspected it was German after coming accross this website, as the jacket looks very similar in colour to the one on the top:

German Uniforms

Cheers as always for the prompt replies.

The uniform in the photo you referenced is a Heer (Army) uniform. They are similar but not quite the same as your example. It appears the collar on the jacket you have is the type seen on the Forestry uniform - one with an open collar style. I'm sure a couple of others will chime in once you post some more photos.

Sorry for the delay guys, my camera was broken....

here are four more pictures of the jacket showing:

The lining & sleeve inside

A close up of the breast pocket where some badges/medals have obviously been removed

A close up from the outer sleeve, the outline of where a shield badge was can faintly be seen

a close up of the lapel, where another badge has obviously been.

People have previously mentioned "Forestry"....what was this?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 German army jacket?   WW2 German army jacket?  

WW2 German army jacket?   WW2 German army jacket?  

my vote is for the Forrestry Service on this one...

From what era?

As I said before German goods are not my specialty; and I can't really find much info on the German Forestry people.

German border police. There should be a label inside one of the bottom outer pockets, or quite far down the inside pocket. It will be white with red print, probably have an early 1960's date. The marks where shields have been are for district police departments. The jacket would have had epaulettes. If you look closly at the shoulders you will see where they were. When these jackets were sold they all had to be totaly stripped of insignia.

Thanks a lot!

In one of the outer pockets printed onto the lining was a label, marked 1962.

So I am guessing these are ten a penny and worth little?