Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 German Tunic

Article about: Hello, I was at a thrift shop earlier and came across a WW2 German Tunic. I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to tell me the general vale of one of these Tunics. Also, how rare

Red1
    ?

Default WW2 German Tunic

Hello, I was at a thrift shop earlier and came across a WW2 German Tunic. I was hoping someone on this forum would be able to tell me the general vale of one of these Tunics. Also, how rare are they ?

If someone can also tell me how to check for authenticity, it would be appreciated.

Here is a pic of what it looked like (the pic is from google)

WW2 German Tunic

2. # ADS

Hi Red, welcome to the forum, hope you will be happy here. Firstly if you want information about an item you should post a pic of the original item your a referring to. There are so many factors to consider before one can start answering your current questions. Sorry for being a little vague but it is a minefield out there.

Regards SK

Yes indeed, there is very little that can be said on the basis of the information you have given. Original WW2 German tunics are generally speaking, valuable items and it is fairly unlikely you will find one in a thrift shop, statistically its very likely to be a reproduction. The value can be hundreds to many thousands of dollars depending on many different subtle factors, including condition and insignia present. There is no simple way to spot a reproduction, it takes study of original items. The Jacket depicted is a late war M1944 blouse for an artillery officer. If genuine, it would be quiet a rare and very expensive item, but they are widely copied. Remember that German uniforms are a vastly complex subject which collectors spend a lifetime studying and many books are written about.

Welcome to the forum.

Doug

major29
    ?

We need pics of the one in question.

?

What I would have said has already been said already besides "How much do they want?"

I hope this question isn't too personal but sometimes these can be $20 or $20,000 for sale so it would help to know. Even from this distance, to me, the insignia stands a good chance. More pictures would solve this scooby doo mystery.

Hello,
    I do like what i see on this poor photo...
    Let's hope we can see more soon
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)