Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WW2 M43 Heer HBT Tunic

Article about: I was thinking about placing a bid on this WW2 German M43 HBT Tunic and would like some thoughts as to it's authenticity. It is a Greenish Blue cotton Denim Tunic. I know it's hard to tell b

?

Default WW2 M43 Heer HBT Tunic

I was thinking about placing a bid on this WW2 German M43 HBT Tunic and would like some thoughts as to it's authenticity. It is a Greenish Blue cotton Denim Tunic. I know it's hard to tell but These are all the photos I have. I requested more and better photos, especially of the inside and any stamps..and a close up of the breast eagle...but they haven't gotten back to me.
    Any preliminary thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

WW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 M43 Heer HBT Tunic
    P
    Many

where is this listed?

?

Weeeeell, you know the reason why, if the seller are not giving you better photos - Right?!

So far so good.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks Ade!

?

What is the significance of the NCO Tresse that does not go all the way around the entire collar.

No significance re the tress. Often done like this on summer light weight tunics.

I have a tropical Luftwaffe tunic the same.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Ok! Gotcha.. Thanks! Makes sense.

?

Default Additional Photos

I finally received more photos, especially of the inside. It's obvious that the shoulder straps are not the same. And the right strap, seems to have a green trim. Also, what would the "black" shoulder straps signify? Let me know what you think.

WW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT TunicWW2 M43 Heer HBT Tunic

?

I have been trying to research and compare this Drillich Tunic and its Shoulder Straps, Breast Eagle and Litzen with other threads and using JPhilips' "Feldbluse" book as a reference.
    Please correct me if I am wrong. It appears that this M43 HBT Greenish Blue cotton Tunic may have been put together, possible by it's owner, with parts from different years. It looks like the 2 different late war Shoulder Straps are possibly Armoured Infantry or Panzer Grenadiere due to the (extremely worn) grass green trim. The shoulder straps seem to be the stylish dark Greenish blue as worn on a pre-war tunic. The Grey Litzen and Breast Eagle style look similar and may be from 1940-41, but the Litzen is mounted on Dark Greenish Blue background ala Pre-war. There is no visible sizing stamps or RB numbers, but the tunic is extremely worn and now gone. I tend to think that this M43 Drillich was issued but privately altered by this Unteroffizier. And probably used as a light weight summer tunic. It seems that altering Tunics were a common practice.
    Any thoughts, information and opinions are welcomed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast