Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?

Article about: Hello guys! I bought this cap today from a flea market. This is in beautiful condition. But I didn't find a same one with this light blue stripe. Could you help me? Thanks in advance!

?

Default WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?

Hello guys!

I bought this cap today from a flea market. This is in beautiful condition. But I didn't find a same one with this light blue stripe. Could you help me?

Thanks in advance!

WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?
    P
    Many

?

I have looked in the Angolia and Littlejohn book Labor Organizations of the Reich which says that: 'In October 1938 a Model 4 Political Leader's visor cap, but in dark blue was introduced.' Unfortunately the authors do not fully discuss the piping used, but if it was the same scheme as used on the field cap which was used at the same time, it would be as follows:

light blue = Ort or Betrieb
    black = Kreis
    red = Gau
    gold = Reich

I hope that if this is incorrect one of our experts will soon correct it.

I wonder if your cap has had the chin strap removed or was it never completed? It looks very clean. As you will expect the type of chin strap varied according to the rank of the wearer.

The book I referred to mentions that these caps were not to be worn in the factory, only at parades and for 'walking out'.

Regards, Philip

?

Thanks! It was helpful. I think it is unfinished, because it had 3 needles in it. I will put them back and the cap will be an authentic unfinished one. :-)
    And as I see, it never had a chinstrap.

a very nice find.

?

Thanks! Anybody else? Something more information?

pade
    ?

Default Similar visor hat - what is this?

Hello,

I'm trying to identify a similar hat to the one in from this post. Perhaps someone knows what this is? It has a similar design but no blue piping, appears to be black, has a gold cockade with blue bullseye and a blue and white chin cord. I have been unable to find another one like it to compare to. WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?WWII German DAF cap. But what rank and type?

You should start a new thread on your cap as it will get lost on this old thread. It is not Third Reich era and likely West German. After you start your own thread, I will delete your post on this thread.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.