Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWII German insignia LOT for sale--SS Afrika Korps Luftwaffe etc

Article about: I have a guy wanting to sell this lot of WWII items. Before I make him an offer, I would like to get some other opinions as to whether you think they are authentic or repros. The guy insists

Default Re: WWII German insignia LOT for sale--SS Afrika Korps Luftwaffe etc

SS tropical skulls are relatively cheap, Circa £100, if original.

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German insignia LOT for sale--SS Afrika Korps Luftwaffe etc
    P
    Many

Thanks for the info on the skull. Well....here's the deal. The guys said he will take $1700.00 for the entire lot. Personally, I think that is WAY too much, but maybe I'm wrong. What do you all think? Is that a fair price for the lot? Thanks again for all your help!

Bill

Yes, it would.

If it was offered to me I would look at the lot as a whole and ask myself why he is selling what he says is genuine third Reich with US patches, some post war by the looks of it. Why is he not selling off bits individually. Most people would agree you always make more money this way. Or is he trying to disguise fakes under the shadow of genuine bits.

Whats his prices like? Are they stupidly low, imagine they are all genuine and work out the price where it should all be at. If his price is a long way under that, as why?

can you go view the pieces first, ask if you could meet him somewhere and examine then, take a friend or someone who knows whats good. Make sure you take a good magnified glass, so you can see if metal pieces have been cast. Most of all repro's are cast, which in cases of some originals where never done.

Sorry for my seemingly skeptical views, but always play it safe, there so much 'dodgy' gear out there.

DM

Quote by excalibr View Post
    Thanks for the info on the skull. Well....here's the deal. The guys said he will take $1700.00 for the entire lot. Personally, I think that is WAY too much, but maybe I'm wrong. What do you all think? Is that a fair price for the lot? Thanks again for all your help!

Bill

Hi Bill,

it seems a bit much to me, like nearly double what the original German items would be worth. I have no idea on the US stuff, but I assume its not worth a lot-unless there is some very rare unit patchs-.

Regards,

Jerry
    Last edited by Jerry B; 05-27-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Jerry, that's kinda what my gut told me, but I was not sure of the value of the SS stuff and the Afrika cuff. I think those are probably the 2 most valuable items in the lot. I'm going to email him and ask him if he will sell pieces, but he sounded like he was dead set on selling it as a lot. thanks

Bill

Hi Bill,

The ak cufftitle is worth about £90-120, the Heer tropical tunic eagle is worth £150-200, some of the Heer tunic eagles are worth £30-60. The Iron crosses are worth £50 each. The luft bevo eagle, if original £60-90. Sorry the prices are in £s.

If it is an original (which I doubt), the SS tropical cap eagle would be the most valuable item and they are rare.

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks for the info on the prices! I will just convert the pounds to US dollars--not a problem. At least this way if he does sell pieces, I will have an idea of price. thanks!

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2