Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

F.A.D. - Assmann - Spade and Pick

Article about: Hello A nice style to to start the thread. A passed on one of these 5-6 years at the Maxx Show. I thought the price was high but I wish I had picked it up. Here is my swastika FAD. Kirby

?

Default Re: F.A.D. - Assmann - Spade and Pick

Hello A nice style to to start the thread. A passed on one of these 5-6 years at the Maxx Show. I thought the price was high but I wish I had picked it up. Here is my swastika FAD. Kirby
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture F.A.D. - Assmann - Spade and Pick   F.A.D. - Assmann - Spade and Pick  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.A.D. - Assmann - Spade and Pick
    P
    Many

David,
    first of all - the FAD / upright tools buckle is a hammer - ahh no - a spade and pick - simply fantastic one. If I would not need to buy a new car - I would have grabbed into Marcs goodie box last year, when he started to sell his collection.
    The other FAD variant is really a problem to me. I must agree, put an nicley aged plate on an old box - et voila - who can say whats right and wrong.
    Yury, Kirby - I don't say your buckles are faked, but I always have a bad feeling with this variant of FAD at all.
    Guys I don't want to spoil your fun, take it just for my humble opinion.
    Cheers
    Thomas

Thankyou for your kind words Thomas. You know where this buckle came from and you probably have a clue what it cost. Perhaps one of those buckles were a collector only has one chance of ever buying. A stunning buckle in my opinion and for several reasons, not ignoring the Assmann markings. It is interesting that the buckle appears in the Assmann catalogue as item number 21579 - A & S ges. gesch.

The eagle/swastika FAD is however a great problem to many collectors. We know that the design is period and not a fantasy item as it appears in a period Steinhauer und Lück, Lüdenscheid catalogue (item number 9451). In my opinion this is a very rare buckle, however there are just too many around at the moment to make me feel comfortable.

The earlier response about identifying the originals and the fakes is again a PERSONAL OPINION and it really needs more testing as it could be hopelessly wrong.

Regards,

David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2