Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

F.A.D. " Nichts Als Deutschland"

Article about: David, just to bring this thread back to life, the buckle in the first picture, do you think it was made by Overhoff? Just going by the positioning of the solder points, dimple catch, ears a

Default F.A.D. " Nichts Als Deutschland"

Perhaps quite rare and still, quite interesting.

Regards,

David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement F.A.D. " Nichts Als Deutschland"
    P
    Many

Default Re: F.A.D. " Nichts Als Deutschland"

Hi David

Can you explain this buckle to us uninitiated

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick

The most common "declaration" FAD is "Fur Volk und Heimat".

To see one with " Nichts Als Deutschland" is and in my opinion, extremely rare to say the least.

Regards,

David

Thanks David

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

David, the first one I have seen in my years of collecting!
    Ben

Not really surprised Ben and until last year, you and I both!

The buckle does appear in a few of the reference books, although as I mentioned to Nick, rare to say the least. Over the years, I have seen countless numbers of the "Fur Volk und Heimat" FAD. Over the same period of collecting, I have seen 2 "Nichts Als Deutschland" FAD buckles.

An indication of just how rare these are.

Regards,

David

A fantastic buckle indeed! Thanks for sharing!

Rob

David
    brilliant buckle and a really hard to get one - Congratulation
    and believe me....I was really struggling with me ... to catch it away from you, last year
    Cheers
    Thomas

David,

"WOW". A very, very tough buckle to find. I would also say that "common" on the "Fur Volk ......" is a bit of a misnomer as they are also tough to find. Weitze had, has one of the "Nichts" buckles on his site. I believe it came from Marc but not sure. In either case it was selling for I believe 850 Euro. a lot of money a few months ago but better now. I will post photos of my FAD's as well a few new buckles as soon as I get my computer de-bugged.
    A great discussion on the book /eagle FAD. Never bothered with these because of the number of fakes out there some good, some not so good. Now I can tell the difference.

Regards to all,

Bill

Thankyou for all the kind remarks chaps and which are greatly appreciated. Even though I say so myself, it is quite a special FAD.

Bill - in relation to the infamous "eagle and swastika" FAD, just a reminder that "...the earlier response about identifying the originals and the fakes is again a PERSONAL OPINION and it really needs more testing, as it (I) could be hopelessly wrong...".

Regards,

David

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast