Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

FAD Buckle

Article about: A recent pickup from a fellow collector Markus ( Yellow 12 ), A great many thanks to him...

?

Beautiful example David !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FAD Buckle
    P
    Many

?

Great buckles both. Although not exactly common with any motto, "Für Volk und Heimat" is the one most often encountered. I can only show the latter, and apologies for the somewhat overexposed photos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FAD Buckle   FAD Buckle  

Quote by Kurt D View Post
    ..."although not exactly common with any motto, "Für Volk und Heimat" is the one most often encountered..."
    Dear Kurt

Good to see your again posting on the War Relics Forum and I completely agree with your observation.

Images here of my "Für Volk und Heimat" FAD that I still retain.

Dear Ben

Interestingly, there are quite a few period, manufacturers sales or advertising catalogues that illustrate and display quite clearly a FAD box buckle, complete with a Für Volk und Heimat style of roundel. The roundel as clearly not exclusive to just one company (in my opinion), however goodness knows who dictated and controlled the precise and otherwise consistent design.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Reverse

?

Quote by David North View Post
    Interestingly, there are quite a few period, manufacturers sales or advertising catalogues that illustrate and display quite clearly a FAD box buckle, complete with a Für Volk und Heimat style of roundel. The roundel as clearly not exclusive to just one company (in my opinion), however goodness knows who dictated and controlled the precise and otherwise consistent design.
    Dear David

Another great buckle! And likewise, very good to see you posting.Yes, strange that apparently no company took out (or enforced) design rights for this rather attractive rendering of the FAD acronym. My buckle certainly doesn't scream Overhoff. My pics are crappy, but it's lovely in hand.

Kind regards
    Kurt

No Kurt, your buckle does not have the prongs, ears or catch that I would expect from an Overhoff buckle, but very very nice though
    Ben

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2