Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help! Rad buckle

Article about: Original or fake? Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default Need help! Rad buckle

Original or fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help! Rad buckle   Need help! Rad buckle  

Need help! Rad buckle   Need help! Rad buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Rad buckle
    P
    Many

An unusual buckle, is the makers marks Seiper markings? Never seen one with three marks on and different sizes, but I do like the buckle
    Ben

?

Ben-this original buckle?

Read what I wrote "but I do like the buckle"

Cheers
    Ben

?

Ben- Thank you for answer.

?

maxrsx.. Imo Richard Seiper & Sohn had more of a uniform diamond pattern... Meaning almost equal in size diamonds at all three points..
    However R.S.S. had changed their Maker mark several times over production runs on different buckles ie; Heer, Luftwaffe etc; This may be a early RaD buckle.. But as Ben has pointed out too... Three different sizes of diamonds I have not seen... Three diamonds yes.. I have an example with the two diamonds at the catch "Erased" bus still slightly visible, but the diamond under the prong present... All pretty much the same size... Perhaps David North could weigh in with his opinion as well.... Good luck G

?

Gwar -Thank you for answer.

?

Some R.S.S. Examples I personally own.. Notice the similarities of "The S Diamonds" and equal sizing on these examples... The RaD buckle has a faint diamond under the prong but unfortunately not very visible in my attached pic...Sorry.. G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help! Rad buckle   Need help! Rad buckle  

Need help! Rad buckle  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Gwar-Thanks for the help!

In my opinion, a very unusual buckle which has started this thread and never before have I seen a RAD by R. S. & S. with all three "diamonds" intact. The eccentricity of the "diamonds" on the lip of the reverse is most interesting.

Normally and as Gwar has so rightly pointed out, the "tri diamond" examples have the raised "diamonds" erased or partially erased and furthermore, comes complete with a period P u C leather tongue.

An unusual and interesting RAD buckle to my mind.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast