Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RaD buckle 8 /152

Article about: A nice Rad buckle manufactured by Hermann Aurich, RZM M4/42 also unit marked 8/152.. In my opinion there exsited a "Die" flaw... Notice the "Dot dimple" underneath the le

?

Default RaD buckle 8 /152

A nice Rad buckle manufactured by Hermann Aurich, RZM M4/42
    also unit marked 8/152..
    In my opinion there exsited a "Die" flaw... Notice the "Dot dimple" underneath the left
    side of the '8", All of the 38' Aurich RaD I own have this telltale signature..
    I hope to find one without this particular trait to determine if the process was repaired
    or may have been due to excess wear and then appeared... I may never know unless
    I can track down early examples (Unit marked) and later ones for comparison
    by this maker...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RaD buckle  8 /152   RaD buckle  8 /152  

RaD buckle  8 /152  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RaD buckle  8 /152
    P
    Many

That is a nice buckle Gwar. The buckle itself is in cracking condition and the added bonus of a unit marked tab. then the extra added bonus in that being a Aurich made buckle. You do not see many RAD buckles around made by Aurich, so hence your question about the dot it may take a while to see other examples. Nice find my friend
    Ben

Out of interest there is a 38 dated Aurich RAD in the makers thread with the same dot flaw
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RaD buckle  8 /152   RaD buckle  8 /152  

Ben

?

Thanks Ben...

?

Yep, that's the RAD I inquired about the was already sold. Glad you got it Gwar, that is a choice buckle
    Jeff

?

Lovely RAD!