Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39

Article about: I've been trawling through the various RAD buckle threads and to be honest, I can't decide if this is a good one or not, I'm swaying towards good, but when I read another thread, I then star

Default RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39

I've been trawling through the various RAD buckle threads and to be honest, I can't decide if this is a good one or not, I'm swaying towards good, but when I read another thread, I then start getting doubts, so I will leave this for the greater knowledge out there to guide me! Many thanks in advance ...

RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39
    "Per Ardua"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39
    P
    Many

?

I will defer to David North's knowledge
    Not sure what this "Dimple" is.. It just lacks the clarity and definition of others..
    Attached Images Attached Images RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39  RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39  RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39  RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Is there an LGS 39 RAD, documented cast fake? The GB is well known of course, however as to any others, I am blissfully unaware.

One thing that I am sure about though is that the RAD buckle which started the thread, shows some fingerprint signs indicating an LGS tool, rather than generic. Take a look at the obverse pebbling to the left hand (viewers) edge of the buckle and compare with the magnificent examples shown by Gwar. Selected patterns match to include a most distinctive "hump".

This of course would be replicated if a master fake cast was taken from an original LGS 39.

Yes and as Gwar pointed out, there are a few suspicious spots to the obverse of the buckle which could suggest the tell tale signs of casting. Having said that, they could be nicks to the aluminium which appear raised due the very low quality digital images.

Whilst my instinct tells me that this is quite simply a tired original RAD buckle displayed via some and with all due respect, grim digital images, a better opinion is only possible after being supplied with a series of high definition, natural light and direct to surface, obverse/reverse digital images.

Regards and best wishes,

David

Pretty poor photos but i'll give it a thumbs up!...

?

Personally believe a well worn original.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thanks for all opinions so far, as always its greatly appreciated, also apologies for the poor images, but unfortunately these are the perils of purchasing anything online!!

I'll endeavor to get better pictures ASAP.

Thanks all again
    "Per Ardua"

Bad pics, could be a well worn original but there are two cast flaws on the rear that I do not like, must agree with the rest, if I was buying this I would want better pics
    Ben

More pics, still not great, as he doesn't have it with him at the minute. He'll get better pics when he has time, so I'll wait and see ....

Hopefully these may give a better opinion, but probably not ...

RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39
    "Per Ardua"

?

I am more than certain that there are better examples to collect.. Although, not to discourage you..
    I started collecting RAD buckle a few years ago.. Some crappy and some so-so... But, I at least would have an specimen in hand, rather than none at all... You could always upgrade for sure.. I would suggest looking at some sites that have great photo's and even better reputations... Also, Your action by posting is a great way to avoid being burned... I have been ( By my own doing ) made a few mistakes and probably will so in the future if I don't ask the fellow members here..

?

For example... A good okay buckle.... Then Better IMO !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39   RAD Buckle - L. Gottlieb & Sohn '39  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast