Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RAD Buckles Makers marks

Article about: Gents. This will be a crash course of many makers marks to identify almost any RAD buckle. Tabs are not shown as the thread would be very long.. More to come shortly, G

?

One Private Purchase without a doubt was produced by Overhoff & Cie , Ludenscheid
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Buckles Makers marks   RAD Buckles Makers marks  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Buckles Makers marks
    P
    Many

?

As the introduction of the "Official" RAD buckle may have caused problems with the tunic to be sheared by the coarseness of the construction.. There were extra protection leather added to alleviate the potential of damage to the garment. Early 36'-37' IMO
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Buckles Makers marks   RAD Buckles Makers marks  

?

Anomaly: Sometimes things are different than what we expect to see or encounter..

RAD Buckles Makers marks   RAD Buckles Makers marks  

?

Great RAD collection and thread. I can add one here. Very early Dr. Franke & Co. with a different maker stamp.

RAD Buckles Makers marks  

?

A great example Jeff !!
    Last edited by Gwar; 10-24-2017 at 09:07 PM.

?

AS always with pic uploads and things mismatched on my part I may have forgotten a few..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Buckles Makers marks  

Impressive, Gwar!! And a BIG thank you for this thread!! Very Informative.
    Stig

?

Gents I made a Faux Pas in the first posting of pics concerning Paulmann & Crone, These buckles were attributed to PuC but rather likely produced by Sieper .. I don't have a early R.S.S. but I believe I have seen one with the "Three Diamond" type makers mark.. Just under the catch there are two in each corner and one under the prong bar centered .. Look closely to the following pics provided.
    My down fall is that the buckles were made by Sieper and then erased of makers marks and then tabbed by PuC for resale.. Thus the "Paulmann & Crone" identification based on tab not maker.. Sorry for the confusion and a big thanks to Ben for reminding me of this mistake.. G

RAD Buckles Makers marks  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2