Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RaD Combat Buckle

Article about: I've been on the fence on this particular buckle for awhile.. The price was considerably lower than the original price listed.. I may not make it to the MAX show as I am in Texas (U.S.A.) at

?

Default RaD Combat Buckle

I've been on the fence on this particular buckle for awhile..
    The price was considerably lower than the original price listed..
    I may not make it to the MAX show as I am in Texas (U.S.A.) at the moment.
    It has been purchased from "The Ruptured Duck" / Bill Shea..
    His family based business is great IMO and I believe they will be attending the MAX show. Thanks for looking and any comments are welcome....G
    Attached Images Attached Images RaD Combat Buckle  RaD Combat Buckle  RaD Combat Buckle 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RaD Combat Buckle
    P
    Many

looks good!!

This buckle appears to be a standard and common "Extra-Koppelschloß" by Overhoff & Cie that has been painted in a very strange colour.

Why would RAD combatants facing the rigours on the front, choose to wear an extremely light construction, private purchase and walking out buckle? In pure practical terms if nothing else, it just does not make sense.

Regards,

David

I have to agree with David, when these first came for sale on Bills site I was a tad confused on having lightweight parade buckles used in the field. Even if desperate and late in the war and there was nothing else, by that time they were using the "Einfarbe" paint as everything else was short. Also there are lots of mint buckles that were never issued which were the stronger aluminium ones, so why not issue them instead of these?
    Ben

Quote by David North View Post
    This buckle appears to be a standard and common "Extra-Koppelschloß" by Overhoff & Cie that has been painted in a very strange colour.

Why would RAD combatants facing the rigours on the front, choose to wear an extremely light construction, private purchase and walking out buckle? In pure practical terms if nothing else, it just does not make sense.

Regards,

David
    Combatant buckle? What a crap. These Extra-buckles could not hold the weight for what could hold the Behörden-buckle. The stocks at camps etc.
    had enough buckles from the heavier construction to be supplied. For me: somebody did a hobby-job! I think the paint would get off in a nick of
    a second. Try to get the paint off from an army, Luftwaffe or Waffen-SS buckle or so!! You will have more trouble.
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 09-20-2014 at 11:56 AM.

Strip the paint off it and it'll be OK!..

?

I also did not know what to think of these two buckles, the color or the price. Here's my example, without the paint and for 1/2 the price

Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RaD Combat Buckle   RaD Combat Buckle  

RaD Combat Buckle  

Period film shows RAD men in combat wearing the hakenkreuz kampfbinde. That certainly would stand out more than an aluminum buckle in my opinion.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

prefer it unpainted.

?

I would have to agree the buckle shouldn't be painted. I would want buckle for less than a standard private purchase dress buckle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast