Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty

Article about: Great addition to your collection!

?

Great addition to your collection!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty
    P
    Many

Looks a very nice buckle Gwar, here is one for comparison
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty   Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty  

Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty   Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty  

Ben

?

Thanks Ben...

?

Default Thanks Kirby

Hey Kirby.. Thanks for your reply... I have been really trying to do my research
    on this forum and soaking up all the great information posted in past threads..
    I never had any doubts about the JFS buckle, but ya never know...
    This forum is composed of many fine people...
    As a result of my own curiosity I visited German War Booty...
    And what did I find !!!! An Adolf Baumeister, Wein Rad buckle !!!
    I have contacted the owner an have it in my sights to own another Adbl Rad buckle..
    Again thanks...
    P.S. Ben Evans you are the greatest....G..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty   Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty  

Attached Images Attached Images Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty 

That Baumeister buckle is also a very good buckle if you can get it, I have not seen many RAD buckles by Baumeister, thats the 3rd one I have seen
    Ben

?

Thanks Ben.. It is on order and my second Ad.B L rad I will own..G

Default J.F.S. RAD-Koppelschloß

Dear Gwar

I for one so like the buckle that started this thread. A JFS marked RAD buckle is and in my opinion quite uncommon, irrespective of the year and/or the condition.

Having said that, I am a tad uncomfortable with the attached leather tongue even though the source of the buckle is I know impeccable.

This buckle per se was not manufactured after 1939 and by then, the RAD was bulging at the seams with stocks of non issued buckles. Do not forget that the buckle belonged to the organisation and not the man. Following compulsory service, the buckle was handed back and then reissued, only for the cycle (recycling) to continue. That is why I think that we see some RAD as clearly tired and distressed (early years 1936 and 1937) as against those in mint or near mint condition (later years 1938 and 1939).

So for the buckle that started the thread, a beautiful and "last year" 1939 example. I really do not like the stitching on the leather tongue and I ask myself, why does a buckle that was no longer manufactured after 1939, display a 1940 dated tongue. A 1938 stamped tongue is feasible, however I am sceptical about a post fabrication date being clearly shown, compounded by again, the unusual stitching.

Regards,

David

?

David, Thank you for your kind words and wisdom.
    Does this detract from the collectiveness of the buckle?
    The leather is quite stiff and upon further examination the "40" on the
    tab is odd looking..Thanks G..

Gwar, can you do a close up shot of the makers mark on the tab and the stitching? Best done with Macro on and in natural light if possible
    Ben

Also get the buckle in hand and compare the makers mark and stitching to the pics I have posted, if you click on it the image goes really close, that will also give you a good indication.
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast