Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty

Article about: Great addition to your collection!

?

Here Ben,,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty   Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichs Arbeits Dienst JFS Minty
    P
    Many

I am trying to figure out if the tab is fake or genuine or has a 1940 genuine tab been put on the buckle or is it a one off, maybe they made a mistake at the factory, I will have a good look later, bit busy at mo
    Ben

a cracker.

- - ------- - -

a cracker.

?

I noticed some similarites related to the stiching on your example Ben..
    On the bottom after 10 stiches the stiching seems to merge.. G

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Does this detract from the collectivity of the buckle?
    The leather is quite stiff and upon further examination the "40" on the
    tab is odd looking
    Dear Gwar

Here we go - neck on the block time for David North!

Your newly submitted images are quite interesting and with all due respect, much better and clearly detailed than those originally posted.

JFS is not a maker that crosses my path on a regular basis and as such, I am painfully unaware and ignorant about the "fingerprint" in relation to their (JFS) quite distinct Lederzunge. I see here now perhaps over size stitch holes with a quite peculiar introduction of somewhat lumpy and loose thread. As such, my earlier disparaging remarks and now on reflection, are perhaps incorrect and I think that apologies are in order.

In the light of the new images, I suggest that the leather tongue is original to the buckle and furthermore, perhaps we have a late 1939 manufactured buckle which has been prematurely supported by a 1940 Leather Tongue.

If so Gwar, you have a rare and interesting buckle.

Regards,

David

Hi David, just comparing the tabs and it does looks good to be honest, do you think it is a "one off"? may be one of these buckles that probably was a mistake?
    Ben

?

Thanks David and Ben...I appreciate all of your comments, I learn by members pointing out things I am totally unaware of sometimes... It helps...
    Also, thanks for all your efforts and responses.. I hope to continue to grow as a collector with the knowledge I learn here and by purchasing and being able to recognise traits of the individual buckle makers... Gwar

It will all come in time Gwar, the more you handle and see the better you will become
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3