Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

S.C. Rad buckle repair ??

Article about: Hello, I have found this RaD buckle for 69.90 Euros equvilant to 80-90 \\$ U.S.D. Although I currenty have one in my possesion and of what seems to be aluminum, can the paint be removed safely

?

Default S.C. Rad buckle repair ??

Hello, I have found this RaD buckle for 69.90 Euros equvilant to 80-90 $ U.S.D.
    Although I currenty have one in my possesion and of what seems to be aluminum, can the paint be removed safely without harm to the integrity of the piece ?
    Also, can any member Identify for certain that this may be Schmolle & Comp. or perhaps
    Springer & Co. ? Any Ideas or past methods of removal or even to pass on the buckle will be appreciated. Gwar
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture S.C. Rad buckle repair ??   S.C. Rad buckle repair ??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement S.C. Rad buckle repair ??
    P
    Many

?

I had a Heer buckle once were the area around the eagle was colored with a magic marker or a sharpie. That came off with a little water and a cotton ball. On an aluminum buckle I don't think a little paint remover or nail polish remover is going to do any a damage.

varsol is good for cleaning alu

?

I would recommend pure acetone, but not nail polish remover as that can contain additives. Pure acetone shouldn't harm aluminum, but it eats away most types of paint and plastic substances.

?

By the way, if you use acetone, be sure to wash it off with water before too long.

I would try the acetone, also nowt to do with me but if you have one already why not put the money into something you do not have? just MO
    Ben

?

Gwar - Please let me know how you get on with that site as i emailed the guy once and never heard back. So i'm unsure if he is still trading?. It says 2009-2010 on the bottom of the page so i wonder if the site is still going , fingers crossed that he is. Very Nice buckle aswell , the paint should come off pretty easily.

?

Thanks for the replies, I will try to contact the dealer and proceed from there. Gwar

?

Gwar , funnily enough i have had an email from the seller tonight so it looks as if the site is still up and running.

Which site is it?
    Ben